Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
NOTE / NOTE... : If you like Boardmember's explanation of pitching, you may want to use the search feature on either DFP or BBD. Boardmember was once VERY involved in the hitting discussion. But he to got too annoyed with the negativity and decided to walk away. Can't say I blame him...

I totally agree, found a hidden gem of his that he is on his patio maybe in the dark giving examples of a golf swing as well as his broom handle swing. i forget what he called it. if you can send me the link of that again, i thought it was awesome. When i first saw this, i had no clue he was refuting TM. After hours and days of reading, i now know. haha. still learning, but like anyone else, would like to have it spoon fed to me, since i like instant gratification.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I totally agree, found a hidden gem of his that he is on his patio maybe in the dark giving examples of a golf swing as well as his broom handle swing. i forget what he called it. if you can send me the link of that again, i thought it was awesome. When i first saw this, i had no clue he was refuting TM. After hours and days of reading, i now know. haha. still learning, but like anyone else, would like to have it spoon fed to me, since i like instant gratification.

Checkout "fastpitchnut" on youtube. That is Boardmember's site. Various pitching and hitting videos located there. Not sure, but you may be talking about the video called "Terminal Velocity".

May 12, 2016
Don't forget that a flawed swing can be very successful at 10U and 12U, but pitching at 14U will start to expose the weaknesses. You can't really know if your DD would still be having the same success if you "left her alone" because of the other factors that have changed. I have a hitter on my team that has not been able to rid herself of poor mechanics who has gone from hitting bombs at 10U and 12U in the 4th spot to being at a point where she may not make the batting lineup regularly anymore at 14U.
That's possible, or she could of learned to adjust on her own. She managed on her own from the beginning to find success some how, she had no hitting instructors and I don't swing anything like her, so it wasn't me.

The hitter you speak of, does she still hit hard against lesser pitchers now

Last edited:

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Checkout "fastpitchnut" on youtube. That is Boardmember's site. Various pitching and hitting videos located there. Not sure, but you may be talking about the video called "Terminal Velocity".

Right i think he called it the 'Boardmember Terminal Velocity Swing Trainer' haha.

May 3, 2014
Bopping catcher on the head is the correct cue that gets blasted because everyone and I mean everyone starts from a vertical bat set up when they should be putting the barrel on the neck and snapping off from there. Same initial direction - rearwards. Lasering is direction while the barrel is working rearwards. Really not that hard to implement

If Cano's rear leg wasn't turning the core forward and thus barrel Sanchez would've taken one off the head.

mVflDh.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
In academia, when somebody is writing a paper to describe a theory, typically what is done is you cite references of previous work by other authors and explain what they have done without discrediting the work. You then say what your paper is going to do and go into detail about that later on in the paper which involves giving results that aim to show that your work/theory is better. The assumption is that the person reading the paper can make their own conclusions based upon your results along with reading the previously cited papers.

Ok. But didn’t mama tell you when someone asks you something to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I don’t think I have crossed those lines.
Bopping catcher on the head is the correct cue that gets blasted because everyone and I mean everyone starts from a vertical bat set up when they should be putting the barrel on the neck and snapping off from there. Same initial direction - rearwards. Lasering is direction while the barrel is working rearwards. Really not that hard to implement

If Cano's rear leg wasn't turning the core forward and thus barrel Sanchez would've taken one off the head.

mVflDh.gif

I rest my case.

Jun 8, 2016
Not sure, but you may be talking about the video called "Terminal Velocity".
I am going to bite my tongue on the usage of that scientific term since a certain golfer with a physics degree actually
used incorrectly last week too...lol.

May 12, 2016

mVflDh.gif
Butter, I wish I could get on board with your statement, things would be easier, but I can't. I am sure you are more qualified than me, so I am not going to argue with you. But my eyes see the handle being pulled forward... and that's what's preventing the catcher from being bopped on the head. Sure the barrel turns, but I am not seeing it being snapped from the neck slot at all, it's a more gradual process until the tight pivot point out front