Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
strawman.png
What's the definition of arguing against something using flawed/inaccurate supporting information?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So let’s see...

Knob to the ball 👍

Swing from 2 legs 👍

So turn the barrel and shift is the swing
are gone now.

Just gotta get off the back leg now. Almost there boys.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
But you aren’t agreeing with Butter, you know that right? ;)

Are you in or out? Or in the middle?

Buttermaker is 100% correct; you are completely lost. I can only come up with two reasons. Either you really don't understand what we have been explaining, despite all of our efforts. Or you actually do understand and you are intentionally misrepresenting it for some childish agenda. Sorry, but i gave up on the juvenile antics while I was still in high school...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Still lost...
I’m lost? DO AS HE SAYS RIGHT???? Come on BM. I’m dumb. But I’m not stupid. There’s a difference. Stop changing definitions.

You know people read this stuff right?

Wth does ‘shift is the swing’ mean? How about ‘launch from 1 leg’?

Everyone has seen his demos... he does exactly what he says... all the way down to the ocillating fan!! Stop trying to blame others for his faulty mechanics. I’m not lost. He’s still learning.

May 3, 2014
And that was a 80mph change up. How in the world did he slow himself down to still turn barrel before getting his lead side weighted? Maybe he was guessing change? If so, then his timing is still predicated on launching before weighting lead side?

May 3, 2014
So, here's a math question:

If Trout turns barrel before lead leg is weighted how many legs does that leave him to turn barrel from?

Jun 8, 2016
There are better ways to describe what is happening than saying just weighted or unweighted because it isn't a binary scenario (plus using the word weight in this context is totally incorrect..but whatever) and instead involves foot force/pressure and the relationship between max front foot pressure (which will occur sometime after launch and before/at contact) and the amount before launch. A "large" ratio between the two describes what people call "1 -legged" while a "small" ratio describes what people call "two-legged". The ratio will also change a bit depending on whether or not their initial pitch read is correct or not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom