Joey Myers Catapult system

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Good point..Unlike my kid your kid could hit never said she couldn’t. What other people said about her shouldn’t matter so much to you that you continually bring it up.
Continually? You brought this up in order for me to mention it. I was asked by another about what we did when you stepped in to the last time I brought her up. Too bad you don't see the benefit of some of my posts. Others do and have used my comments, experience and resources to help their dds. I still coach. I give lessons. I bring that perspective to this site. If some like it, fine. In not, fine. You want to make this personal. Again, I hope you have 15 years for you and your daughter to enjoy this sport.

Jun 8, 2016
Continually? You brought this up in order for me to mention it. I was asked by another about what we did when you stepped in to the last time I brought her up. Too bad you don't see the benefit of some of my posts. Others do and have used my comments, experience and resources to help their dds. I still coach. I give lessons. I bring that perspective to this site. If some like it, fine. In not, fine. You want to make this personal. Again, I hope you have 15 years for you and your daughter to enjoy this sport.
(y)
Edit: I don’t need to enjoy the sport only she does. There isn’t much I enjoy tbh...

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
(y)
Edit: I don’t need to enjoy the sport only she does. There isn’t much I enjoy tbh...
My last reply and yes, I will talk about my dd. BB was 11 and pitching against the St. Louis Chaos which is a fantastic organization. She was throwing a gem when she threw this pitch in the fifth inning and almost fell to the ground. She staggered and the coach ran out. She was in tears and said that he leg really hurt. Long story short, we rushed her to St. Louis Children's Hospital where she was in seriously bad shape. She almost died. She had been bitten by a spider and the venum was attacking her heart. Her team went to nationals after the win. She was in a hospital bed for a long time. Pattar, you have a lot to enjoy just watching your dd play. I'm out for a while again. Take care,

Jun 8, 2016
My last reply and yes, I will talk about my dd. BB was 11 and pitching against the St. Louis Chaos which is a fantastic organization. She was throwing a gem when she threw this pitch in the fifth inning and almost fell to the ground. She staggered and the coach ran out. She was in tears and said that he leg really hurt. Long story short, we rushed her to St. Louis Children's Hospital where she was in seriously bad shape. She almost died. She had been bitten by a spider and the venum was attacking her heart. Her team went to nationals after the win. She was in a hospital bed for a long time. Pattar, you have a lot to enjoy just watching your dd play. I'm out for a while again. Take care,
I never said you couldn’t talk about your DD. By all accounts she was a great ballplayer and sounds like a wonderful young woman. That is what should be talked about not how some guy on the internet was an idiot and decided to use her to try and win some petty hitting arguments. That said you are correct that you can talk about her however you want..I won’t mention it again.

May 12, 2016
If anybody out there is using TMs methods with success .... fantastic!! I’m happy for you, truly I am. Still don’t change the fact that he acts like a child and he’s a complete rear.

May 12, 2016
Im only interested in the message and how that message translates to teaching my athletes to reach their highest potential possible. The messenger, his credentials, method and delivery style, to me is not a way of verifying that the message given works because that would limit my ability as a coach to continue to grow and teach at my highest level. I have found some things that I teach differently than Richard and we’ve talked about it and shared ideas. His teaching is evolving too and he told me he’s trying to get better at teaching this.

This is not how the pros swing, means nothing to me I don’t work with them. I’m working with girls 5’ to 5’9” 110-160lbs maybe. I believe that all of them can drive the ball over the fence to the opposite field by applying these hitting principals I’ve personally learned from Richard.

Ive only been teaching this method for 4years and I have a small group of students and have had many failures early on because I didn’t know how to teach it or the student was stuck in a way I couldn’t help her to get unstuck. With each student I learn and grow Haley being one of my most current students. This way of hitting takes a 100% commitment to it or it will fail. But it works Committed to getting better. Mike
Why does it mean very little to you Mike? If I want to learn, I will study video and listen to what the greats have to say and do... One time a puck , Hull, pass the puck , Gretzky, Putt a ball , Crenshaw, etc etc. The best in the world are no doubt amazing athletes, but most are also technically perfect, getting the most out of their muscles and the way their body moves. It seems like a good strategy for a 110 pound kid.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Why does it mean very little to you Mike? If I want to learn, I will study video and listen to what the greats have to say and do... One time a puck , Hull, pass the puck , Gretzky, Putt a ball , Crenshaw, etc etc. The best in the world are no doubt amazing athletes, but most are also technically perfect, getting the most out of their muscles and the way their body moves. It seems like a good strategy for a 110 pound kid.

It means very little to me because now I’m concern with how thing translate to my players In their understanding and performance. When I was starting out, I had more concern with how the pros swung compared to this crazy new to me style. In all honesty, if I was working with pro players, I’d focus on turning from the middle with the core and obliques taking advantage of the upper body strength. I didn’t mean to sound dismissive of the pro swing, I still study their swing but not to find verification for the swing I teach. I’ve moved past the tire kicking and test driving stage. Now I’m seeing how fast and far I can go.

Julray, as always great thought provoking question, I appreciate you help and observations. Just trying to get it right. Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28