Joey Myers Catapult system

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I believe LQ is what he calls it.. ‘Launch quickness’. Most instructors are after ‘time to contact’, with a ‘soft’ entry. These aren’t the same in my mind. I don’t think ‘LQ’ is a metric amongst MLB clubs Could be wrong. Not sure. I don’t see the benefit of measuring ‘LQ’. Probably detrimental.
Please tell me what this means exactly. Soft entry especially.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Please tell me what this means exactly. Soft entry especially.

its in reference to transition of the barrel and how the hands controlling that and not the shoulders can prevent a hard stiff move towards the ball. Or a long casting action bc the barrel is being manipulated instead of swung.

It’s the point In the swing when the elbow is slotting while the barrel is turning.

1594774289827.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Launch Quickness is nothing more than a section of time to contact. He is just interested in measuring the beginning, the launch. The truth is that Rich could suggest world peace and some people here would claim it is a bad idea.

I agree with @Mike-Coach Q , the thread is supposed to be about Joey Myers.

May 12, 2016
The truth is, Rich could be starting WWIII and some of you would say he’s promoting world peace...

I agree with FP26, this thread is about Joey Myers .. while still inserting comments about TM lol

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
May 16, 2019
13:10 he give props to teacherman

Nice explanation of TTB earlier and lasering the ball. Hmm that sounds like I've heard that before.

Joey' s right the back bending over like that over time could be harmful. The lateral tilt often gets overcooked and turns in to a lean.

I've found that it's easier to teach the tilt as a result of other movements than tilt as an actual movement. If that make sense.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020

Nice explanation of TTB earlier and lasering the ball. Hmm that sounds like I've heard that before.

Joey' s right the back bending over like that over time could be harmful. The lateral tilt often gets overcooked and turns in to a lean.

I've found that it's easier to teach the tilt as a result of other movements than tilt as an actual movement. If that make sense.
Also saw this about 'tilt'

May 12, 2016

Mike you brought him back into the conservation again, lol

He does say he has no problem with what TM teaches for a very specific scenario.. but then goes on to say how it's not applicable to all other scenarios.. JM being diplomatic here :)

Also there's this
At 11:52 paraphrasing...
"What's the worse thing that's being taught out there right now"
JM: "The worse thing is ... barrel moves the body"
"And by that I believe you are referring to TM's teaching.."
JM: "Yeah.."

There's actually more in this video that does not validate what TM teaches..

Now back to Joey Myers ..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22