Joey Myers Catapult system

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Thought this was going to be about Joey Myers????? He is interesting. I don't know if he is rich yet but his on-line marketing is crazy good. (marketing) He might be the king of the rabbit hole. He has done a lot of research and has so many links on his website. I like the swing starts middle out. Back leg is not the driver. Not sure about the hunched back or the tight grip stuff. The worse thing this guy did to himself was have his personal swing on u-tube. It is not that good. Kinda drops his hands and swings around his waist. He got sooooo many videos on-line I can find it.

Also Mike, no offense, but Maddie's game swing (which is very good) is not the TM swing (it's better). She doesnt stay one legged always (because she needs to adjust) and she doesn't snap the barrel rearward nearly as much as he prescribes.(because she would lose another aspect of adjustability) Whether the rear legs lead the obliques/abs/core or follow the o/a/c doesn't matter that much (can be done either way) but the o/a/c usage is critical in generating bat speed.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
No offense RH I agree with your assessment but the swing can look quite different with the amount of weight that is moved from back leg to front and the sequence of TTB. I’m not concerned with having my hitter being clones of Richard but hitters with their own identity and swing. My number 1 belief is the athlete owns their swing my job is to introduce hitting principals to help further their swing.

oh and thanks for the compliment about Maddie, she’s a wonderful young lady I’m blessed to get to work with.

Nov 16, 2017
With TM's method you gonna hit a bomb or walk back to the dug out. A A Ron Judge (shout out to Mr. Garbe) is such a gigantic human being that a mishit or what would be a flyout for most is going out.

Can you hit the ball a % harder with TM's method? Yes.

Are you adjustable? and are you on time? You can have the greatest swing in the world but if you are not on time you suck.

With TMs swing, if your front foot doesn't come down perfectly on time you are done, he even said this himself. "pitchers are pretty good, they will get you into your front leg sometimes before you want to. Tip your hat to them, they got me. "

Obviously he has never hit against anyone with a good changeup. If you can't get to fyb while holding the coil while leveraging your front side a change up will destroy you. If I knew I was facing a TM product I would treat them just like a slapper. I would throw them a setup pitch of high heat. Up and out of the zone and then bring a CU right to them. There would be a lot of tipping of the hats.

I want hitters that can adjust dynamically. Not get in a situation where they go, oops you got me.

Reactions: TDS

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Work=win: Nope. Not one guy says he does what TMs says. Not one guy on video matches. No HOFer talks about that. Not one. These are not my opinions. These are the facts. His model Barry Bonds has said quite a few opposite things about the swing. Facts. Not my opinion. It doesn’t match... again, not my opinion. Fact.
Here is what you said....I gave an example:

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m here to learn and grow, please share what you mean by being able to adjust dynamically.

For me, being able to use your front side and have an adjustable release is being dynamic. Not having to launch or release from the same spot in space and body all the time would be opposite of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802