Joey Myers Catapult system

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Taking some Alexander lessons. Read several books trying to explain the technique. All the books say the same thing, you have to take lessons to experience what is actually being taught.

Same thing with Richard, he might personally be able to speed up the process in person. The best he can do over the internet is try to explain it. He does say it takes work to learn.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It's your opinion....not the truth, ...but, what you think is the truth. Doesn't make it right nor the truth.

Nope. Not one guy says he does what TMs says. Not one guy on video matches. No HOFer talks about that. Not one. These are not my opinions. These are the facts. His model Barry Bonds has said quite a few opposite things about the swing. Facts. Not my opinion. It doesn’t match... again, not my opinion. Fact.

That’s the truth.

Reactions: TDS
May 12, 2016
TM is a complete rear, he doesn’t do himself any favours by acting like a child. And it’s not just on the internet/twitter/instagram etc it’s also during interviews ... he’s a complete dick. Challenge what he demos or believes in and he turns nasty. Also Ask him to explain himself and you won’t get a response ... or some vague comment.

I agree with W=w the hitting patterns and methods of the best hitters in the world do not match what he teaches. Baseball and Softball.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Im only interested in the message and how that message translates to teaching my athletes to reach their highest potential possible. The messenger, his credentials, method and delivery style, to me is not a way of verifying that the message given works because that would limit my ability as a coach to continue to grow and teach at my highest level. I have found some things that I teach differently than Richard and we’ve talked about it and shared ideas. His teaching is evolving too and he told me he’s trying to get better at teaching this.

This is not how the pros swing, means nothing to me I don’t work with them. I’m working with girls 5’ to 5’9” 110-160lbs maybe. I believe that all of them can drive the ball over the fence to the opposite field by applying these hitting principals I’ve personally learned from Richard.

Ive only been teaching this method for 4years and I have a small group of students and have had many failures early on because I didn’t know how to teach it or the student was stuck in a way I couldn’t help her to get unstuck. With each student I learn and grow Haley being one of my most current students. This way of hitting takes a 100% commitment to it or it will fail. But it works Committed to getting better. Mike

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Historically speaking, there have been dozens of members on this site who had dds use TM's methods and go from HS stars to college duds. Those collegiate schools range anywhere from the Pac 10 to small D-III schools. I can't think of any that went on to be stars but I could be wrong. To be sure, his own student went to college at the worst collegiate baseball school in the state and had zero at bats. Again, just facts. Back in the day during the hitting wars, there were dads who realized their mistake and became outcast and targets of TM with video that they had shared with him on his private site turned into video of how bad those players were. I am amazed at a few dads who's daughter have failed in college who continue to push his stuff.

Dave Matranga was playing professional ball but not doing well when he switched to TM's stuff. He continued to fail. Matranga, who is a great guy by the way, is the one who introduced TM to professional ball players after Matranga became an agent. That is how TM got hooked up with the pros he professes to have turned into stars. Look at the stats of those guys and the argument, right or wrong, could have been made that those players with more experience would have become stars on their own.

If you like his stuff, great. However, the question remains how adjustable the swing TM teaches is when the best of his stable of hitters have unreal strikeout numbers. As much as TM wants to show video and claim that he and his hitters are the same as Barry Bonds, they are not. JMHO and my opinion plus roughly $8 will get you an extra value meal at Micky D's.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Back in the day during the hitting wars, there were dads who realized their mistake and became outcast and targets of TM with video that they had shared with him on his private site turned into video of how bad those players were.
I almost thought for second you were not going to mention this but you came through in the end (albeit not actually mentioning your DD this time...)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I almost thought for second you were not going to mention this but you came through in the end (albeit not actually mentioning your DD this time...)
Well, I've stayed out of your thread so count this in the 7/8th of my posts that you think suck. I am interested in reading your thread each day. BTW, my dd has nothing to do with his teaching methods so no need to mention her. I'll talk about her on this site whenever I want. If you don't like it, ... (Edited - family site.)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Well, I've stayed out of your thread so count this in the 7/8th of my posts that you think suck. I am interested in reading your thread each day. BTW, my dd has nothing to do with his teaching methods so no need to mention her. I'll talk about her on this site whenever I want. If you don't like it, get f....
You can go into my kids thread and tell me she stinks if you want...I won’t talk about it for the next 15 years..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28