Joey Myers Catapult system

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t believe I provided a list of who I believe is brainwashed Mike. I also don’t believe Eric was calling me out just because he responded to my post.. idk, maybe he was. And just because I responded directly to Eric’s post does not mean I am saying he is brainwashed either. But some do treat him like a god.. his way or no way.

Koolaid is cheap, it’s easy to make, but even that tastes bitter depending how it’s made.. and definitely not what the best hitters in the world are drinking.

I am happy that some have success helping young ladies achieve their goals and enjoy the game using TMs methods. At the end of the day that’s what matters

Honestly, I really don't think it is as bad as it used to be. Years ago there were several posters that were TM followers and became very defensive whenever his name came up. I really don't think there are too many true TM followers on this forum any more. They are mostly in the twitterverse at this point.

I have been very clear on my thoughts. When I first joined the forums, I found him to be overbearing. As I began to interact with him (what little I did), he was always cool with me. I find some value in certain aspects of his teachings, but I also find issue with some things as well. I get tired of the drama (one reason I don't post here much any more...), and so I no longer follow him on twitter. As others have said, you can filter the garbage and read the content. But sometimes there is just too much filtering necessary for my taste. My issue here has always been those that misquote or misrepresent him. There are enough valid reasons to not like the guy, without making things up...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Here’s the problem with arm barring as the goal, none of Perry Husband hitters have a good swing plane. Their swings don’t follow their posture. I pointed that out to him and all he could say was that some of them reached 100 mph exit velocity.

He talks way too much as you can see in the video.

I like his stuff, I just don’t believe creating an arm bar at any cost is the correct way to swing. Perry thinks that the highest bat/exit speeds happen with an arm bar, so we should try to achieve it on every swing.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Honestly, I really don't think it is as bad as it used to be. Years ago there were several posters that were TM followers and became very defensive whenever his name came up. I really don't think there are too many true TM followers on this forum any more. They are mostly in the twitterverse at this point.

I have been very clear on my thoughts. When I first joined the forums, I found him to be overbearing. As I began to interact with him (what little I did), he was always cool with me. I find some value in certain aspects of his teachings, but I also find issue with some things as well. I get tired of the drama (one reason I don't post here much any more...), and so I no longer follow him on twitter. As others have said, you can filter the garbage and read the content. But sometimes there is just too much filtering necessary for my taste. My issue here has always been those that misquote or misrepresent him. There are enough valid reasons to not like the guy, without making things up...

I have found myself gravitating a lot towards what the "next generation" of HLP instructors are doing, and their methods for conveying mechanical concepts. There is an evolution happening in hitting, and young players are learning differently than kids did 20 years ago. This is not strictly related to HLP mechanics, but the hitting instruction world in general.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I have found myself gravitating a lot towards what the "next generation" of HLP instructors are doing, and their methods for conveying mechanical concepts. There is an evolution happening in hitting, and young players are learning differently than kids did 20 years ago. This is not strictly related to HLP mechanics, but the hitting instruction world in general.
Also found it quite interesting what they were discussing about next generation pitchers becoming aware of how to miss their pitch.

May 12, 2016
It's a very interesting time when it comes to hitting and other aspects of the game.. that's for damn well sure

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So after an hour this is what I got out of it. Ken Griffey Jr swing is the GOAT. I know they didn't mention him but he was a great arm barred hitter. Going to try the arm bar today. I still say on an inside pitch it is ok or even necessary to have lead arm bent. And with Perry's method the contact point (with arm barred) for an inside pitch would be way out in front so I think his method may have some timing issues.

i wouldn’t call Jrs front arm barred. extended more than most sure. Got any swings where it is straight at foot down?

1595009977693.gif

Jun 8, 2016
i wouldn’t call Jrs front arm barred. extended more than most sure. Got any swings where it is straight at foot down?

View attachment 18533
I am not even sure it is physically possible for it to be straight at toe touch unless the hands are way away from the body or you launched way too early..at least with my old 45 YO body..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28