Jocelyn Alo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Forward yet back

Thank you.

I should probably stay out of this conversation since I don't know the acronyms that are being used, but I will ask anyways.

When using the term FYB, I am assuming that people are talking about striding forward yet their weight and hands are still staying back during the stride. Would that be a general understanding to what FYB means? Sorry for taking this topic a little off its intended path.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thank you.

I should probably stay out of this conversation since I don't know the acronyms that are being used, but I will ask anyways.

When using the term FYB, I am assuming that people are talking about striding forward yet their weight and hands are still staying back during the stride. Would that be a general understanding to what FYB means? Sorry for taking this topic a little off its intended path.
Yes, thats a nice old school description.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Could you explain what you see as her load? Also, what is the purpose for anyone to knee lift?

The load is the stabilization of the back hip and coiling around the rear leg. At the same time it’s simply a inward and fusion of the torso between lowerbody and upper body. The scap pinches as the lowerbody sets first creating a spirally formed load from the feet to the head which will snap with a release.

They say the knee lift creates potential energy.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
The load is the stabilization of the back hip and coiling around the rear leg. At the same time it’s simply a inward and fusion of the torso between lowerbody and upper body. The scap pinches as the lowerbody sets first creating a spirally formed load from the feet to the head which will snap with a release.

They say the knee lift creates potential energy.
This exactly. I know I have some power and when I load, I load the same way as Alo. My leg comes up but I also bring the bat back some before I let all that energy loose and put it into the ball to get it to leave the park.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
9hUVtxE.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478