Jessica's last ab

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Jessica's Final ab

Well according to my DD, Jessica, her softball career is over. She is only a junior playing on JV and was actually asked to join the varsity team for playoffs (they usually invite two or three players from JV to play up) she said no which about made me either cry or scream or both.

Unfortunately that has always kind of been our softball journey I always wanted it more for her than she wanted it. She always practiced and played hard, she listened well at first but as she got older really did not want dads help anymore. I always thought it odd that she really just wanted it for the fun and friends, she only played rec fours years (two of which I coached, fun times showing up early prepping the field and leaving late she actually said she remember those times fondly the other day) and JV for two, but on the other hand she just hated it when other kids did not try or do their best, she never really cared if they performed but once they got on the field if the did not try their best she really took issue with that.

Well it is only fitting that her last ab was a Texas leaguer down the first base line, just about sums up everything; never the stud but always doing her best and contributing to the team any little way she could.

I'm not letting her sell her gear until after the season starts next year but I'm pretty sure this was the last hurrah.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802