Jerseys for Invited Players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2019
My travel team got asked to play in a tournament short notice and a few of my players said they wouldn't be able to play. I invited a few players we are familiar with and they accepted. We have custom jerseys but none for our invitees. They can wear jerseys we used from last year which are the same base color and have some similarities.
What has everyone done/what is acceptable in this situation?

May 29, 2015
Technically, players should all be wearing the same uniform by rule. I have seen coaches complain about teams wearing different uniforms ... but I have never seen anything done about it.

Technically, the umpire could declare the non-uniformed players ineligible. Then the tournament director comes over and says “No, they are fine to play.” :rolleyes:

As far as how to handle it ... best answer: order a couple of generic extra jerseys when you order your uniforms. For now? Use last year’s so they are at least similar.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
We've had this situation a few times usually at the older age groups. So we as a rule always made sure to not put player names on any jerseys and always order extras of each size. Secondly we ordered t-shirt type tops to keep the cost down.

In your case would the players who cannot play loan their uniform tops to those who can?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee