Jen Schro gear question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2016
DD got the Jen Schro helmet last fall, and then got the legs and chest a couple of weeks ago. She is having an issue with the neck protection part of the helmet getting caught in the neck protector of the chest. Anyone else having this issue? If so what have you done?

Apr 30, 2018
My daughter hasn't had any issues. Might want to try a different size. I have found if your borderline between sizes you want to error on the small side. If you error on the large side the chest protector won't be nearly as form fitting and will get pushed up when they crouch.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2020
We have 3 different girls on the team with the Jen Schro fundamental sets. I do believe we have one girl having that issue, but bc the chest protector is too big for her it pushes up into the neck piece as you stated above. The 3 sets we have are medium sets (come with large helmet) but this one girl is smaller and should have went with the small set. I think that would stop the chest piece from pushing upwards sometimes.

Other than that the sets are awesome and its nice having 3 different colors incase the girls feel like changing it up to their uniform that day lol

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD just told me that her college program is going to purchase the Jen Schro catcher's gear. She hasn't had a decent set up since we bought the All Star gear back in 7th grade and then her TB team required her to wear the Louisville Slugger garbage gear for 4 years. The last 2 years she had hand me down Schutt gear. Needless to say, she is excited.

Apr 13, 2015
Our issue is our catcher mask has a bar in the vision of catcher on throws to 2nd....everything fits well...helmet, shin guards, chest protector...anyone else with that issue

We've had the Jen Schro helmet for about a year and half now. I've wondered about the bar in her vision myself but she says it's never bothered her. Personally I think the padding in it sucks for the cost. Easton's Pro-X helmet's padding is much much better imo. Also for whatever reason dd says the Pro-X is more comfortable. IDK...I'm not impressed by any of the Jen Schro gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28