JD Martinez

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
What happened to JD? Batting .205. He is partially blaming his slump on not be able to watch video in the dugout. Short season? Short spring training?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
What happened to JD? Batting .205. He is partially blaming his slump on not be able to watch video in the dugout. Short season? Short spring training?

2020 is a clown season. I wouldn't put too much stock in failures or success, either way. That being said, video likely plays a part, as does him turning 33, but how weighted are these affects on him in a small sample size? In a 162-game season, would Martinez learn to adjust to no video in the dugout and go on a hot streak and get his numbers closer to norm?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
2020 is a clown season. I wouldn't put too much stock in failures or success, either way. That being said, video likely plays a part, as does him turning 33, but how weighted are these affects on him in a small sample size? In a 162-game season, would Martinez learn to adjust to no video in the dugout and got on a hot streak and get his numbers closer to norm?
He has 185 ABs. I know they consider that a small sample size but really? Just notice he was drafted number 611 overall.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

There have been countless who have a great season or seasons and then just loss it.

HOF guys usually had 15 to 20 good years, making up their career.

May 23, 2015
Not being able to feed off the fans has hurt pitching and hitting. Gans are also a good distraction

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
add Gary Sanchez (NY Yankees) to the list.
(Although he has heated-up a bit, as of late...)

Probably the biggest fall from grace I can recall from recent memory is Chris Davis (Orioles).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee