Ivy question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Two absolute truths in the recruiting process.
1. Coaches ALWAYS have more money than they admit.

2. Don’t believe everything you hear from other parents. Do your own research.

Jun 7, 2016
BCC-
Yes she has been communicating with the college she is interested in. She sent a followup/thank you to the coach last nite. Specifically asking for feedback/evaluation of her performance at the camp. So the response (or lack of) should be revealing. The tepidness of the communiacation string is what led me to think the 2021 class is "booked" in the first place. (as opposed to other programs she is talking with)
Your information of 2021s having had official visits confirms what I believe is true. That the idea that the Ivies and other wait until late jr year is inaccurate. I am sure they would take that super stud that forgoes the SEC (with SAT juice to pass admissions), but my DD is not her. Yes, I think she can get through admissions, but the Harvard trial shows that these school attracts the worlds best students, so it is low probability for most students without a solid hook.
I just dont want to continue spending time/money/effort on camps if the softball angle is already closed. I am sure DD will still apply, as she wants to go to the school, but conserving resources for alternative softball venues looks to be better option.
Dissappointed in myself for not being more in tune to with the realities of the recruiting process.

Mar 22, 2010
BCC-
Yes she has been communicating with the college she is interested in. She sent a followup/thank you to the coach last nite. Specifically asking for feedback/evaluation of her performance at the camp. So the response (or lack of) should be revealing. The tepidness of the communiacation string is what led me to think the 2021 class is "booked" in the first place. (as opposed to other programs she is talking with)
Your information of 2021s having had official visits confirms what I believe is true. That the idea that the Ivies and other wait until late jr year is inaccurate. I am sure they would take that super stud that forgoes the SEC (with SAT juice to pass admissions), but my DD is not her. Yes, I think she can get through admissions, but the Harvard trial shows that these school attracts the worlds best students, so it is low probability for most students without a solid hook.
I just dont want to continue spending time/money/effort on camps if the softball angle is already closed. I am sure DD will still apply, as she wants to go to the school, but conserving resources for alternative softball venues looks to be better option.
Dissappointed in myself for not being more in tune to with the realities of the recruiting process.

Many times the best thing to do is have your DD call the coach and just ask him/her. Telling the coach she is really interested, it's in her top five and asking the coach where he/she stands on her 2021 recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28