I've often wondered if College Coaches care about team jumpers....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
Some college coaches are the reason for team hopping. My DD is a former college commit whose coach advised her to find a new team and helped set it up. This was between seasons, btw. Not a mid-season jump.
Was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. Look at BB, CA, and a few others. Some of the coaches of top College teams want their committed/signed girls playing together.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Coaches don't care if you team jump. In fact, they are hoping that you are open to it. Here's a nice example. 8 transfers!
https://uttylerpatriots.com/news/2020/8/17/softball-announces-transfers.aspx

Curious to see how many of his Freshman stayed from last season. I kind of know the answer to that question, but it has been hearsay at this point. For a team that was D3 last year, they did pretty good at the D2 level in a salty conference. Finished 5th in the final NFCA Poll.

Jul 8, 2020
I've seen girls changes teams and orgs and still keep their offers. I assume they just let the college coach know they are changing and potentially why. haven't seen it result in a offer being retracted. As girls get older, they seem to change teams either b/c they want to or the coach in the org switches them to different teams.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Changing teams is common in travel ball. DD played 8 years and was part of 3 different orgs. One for only 1 season. That seems normal in this area. By comparison, I know a girl that played 7 years with 7 different teams. Completely different dynamic.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Played on original Bat Busters team through travel ball..
Didnt change teams.
(Womans div. Played on 3 teams in 7 years.)

Travel
There were other teams.
However you were really a trader to leave.
Team worked through issues.
Pretty much all of us played
together 5' ish years.
....really got to know each other and grow up together.
Then of course the road trips.
4 to 6 players would share one hotel room.
Not all parents would go.
Had a a few chaperone parents but we stayed in our hotel rooms without parents.
YES it was FUN !

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2017
One daughter has played for 6 teams over her time (she is now a senior). Of the 6 teams, 4 don’t exist anymore, sometimes the program imploded, sometimes the coaches left, sometimes we left.

In fact we even changed teams while recruiting, twice. Those old teams don’t exist anymore and we saw the writing on the wall. One college coach commented and because we went to the gold team in a better program the comment was positive.

CoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
580634 said:
Yes. Just remember a coach will also put your rear end in the road also. You're a piece of meat
The college players have an open to transfer website.
Its not one sided.
Players can take their meat to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28