It's that time again!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Well, it is worse this year...

First, the rumors are that they were kicked out of ESPN WWOS for non-payment; so the main complex is now the USSSA Space Coast stadium which is in Viera (about an hour outside Orlando). That goes along with rumors of non-payment to umpires in a past year.

This year it appears they are also playing at Fortune Road, DiamondPlex (Winterhaven) and Christina (in Lakeland) - this is a huge area. Winterhaven and Christina are a 90+ minute drive to Viera assuming no traffic. Not exactly condusive for anyone - including the few coaches who are even allowed to turn up this year.

Oh and they force you to book hotels through their agent - but won't tell you what fields you are at until they release the sechedule (which happened last night).... so if you booked in Orlando but are actually in Viera, tough luck. You get to drive 3 hrs per day.

Local Intensity teams have been booking 2 or 3 hotels with the intent of cancelling two today now they know where they are playing.
Geeez, bring snacks, and muster up some patience.

Aug 6, 2013
Well, it is worse this year...

First, the rumors are that they were kicked out of ESPN WWOS for non-payment; so the main complex is now the USSSA Space Coast stadium which is in Viera (about an hour outside Orlando). That goes along with rumors of non-payment to umpires in a past year.

This year it appears they are also playing at Fortune Road, DiamondPlex (Winterhaven) and Christina (in Lakeland) - this is a huge area. Winterhaven and Christina are a 90+ minute drive to Viera assuming no traffic. Not exactly condusive for anyone - including the few coaches who are even allowed to turn up this year.

Oh and they force you to book hotels through their agent - but won't tell you what fields you are at until they release the sechedule (which happened last night).... so if you booked in Orlando but are actually in Viera, tough luck. You get to drive 3 hrs per day.

Local Intensity teams have been booking 2 or 3 hotels with the intent of cancelling two today now they know where they are playing.
Yep our team is an 18u and we get a full day at Space Coast and then the very next day we are at Christina. There is no good way to stay close so we are just keeping our reservation at the airport hotel we have and sucking up the drive each day. It is ridiculous the schedule didn’t come out until late late last night or early this morning and we play tomorrow in the practice games. So bad this year....

Apr 26, 2015
DD's team is 18s as well. Not happy about being spread out all over the place. They play Fortune Road Thursday, Space Coast Friday, Christina Saturday and Sunday. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I'd just like to say 4 teams asked my DD to guest play D9 this year and nornally she would have said yes to one of them - she told them all "No way am I playing D9".

We stopped playing any D9 after 1st year 16U - and we are pretty much local. "Anywhere Else" was always a better - and cheaper - choice those weekends.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23