It's 2019 and some schools still don't have softball teams.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Vanderbilt has stated that room for quality facilities was the issue. Nowhere to build a field. Of course looking at their football stadium it may also be the fact they just don't want to spend the money.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
No space is just a convenient excuse for schools that don't want to spend money on a team. There is always space that can be bought or created if there is a will to make it happen. If Columbia University can build a softball field any school can do it.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
USNA doesn't have a Varsity team but their biggest rival Army does. I suspect space might be the issue and money. They have a number of women's varsity sports but no D1 softball. FWIW, they offer to play Army but I'm sure that's a no win situation for Army.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Off topic a bit, but last summer we were talking to a family at a tournament. The parents were bragging about how great their daughter was.
There is at least one of these parents per travel baseball and fastpitch team. I learned to love them. They tend to talk a lot, so it keeps me from yelling at the umpire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28