It is COLD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
I don't see how these girls do it. It is freaking cold. I know that ball has to hurt. My shoulder is aching due to the weather so I sit in the car with the heater on. This game seems rough in the cold.......

Come on Spring looking forward to ya!!!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
How cold? I mean, the term itself when talking to someone is relative. I and many others I know are pretty happy that our daily high temps are in the low to mid-30's. This time of year we're normally in the mid to high teens where I live.

Apr 28, 2014
I hate the cold... in PA March and April the girls play HS ball in low 40s with wind. Horrible. Then in the fall its mid 70s till November. HS softball should be played in the fall.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
For many years DD played only in the Spring and Summer in Texas. The first 3 years they played in low 100's often. I was like, sheesh is this how it's always gonna be? Then we started playing in the fall! Wow! I loved it! Then the next 6 years the summer months weren't as brutal. I remember telling DD at her last summer tourney. This is the last time you will ever play in the summer. Then she played 21 innings one day for college at the beginning of October with temps in the 90's and the stadium did not have shade. I could not move since I melted into my seat. That was worse than sitting on a bucket in the 100's. I love Texas cold!!!!

Oct 4, 2018
We had a practice in 40 degree weather. Cold for us Southerners here in Atlanta. Girls all in sweatshirts but happy to be outside softballing.

Mar 28, 2020
I agree -- Softball should be a late summer all of fall sport. I am in Texas so 40 degrees with a wind chill of 30 is crazy cold to me. I am used to 100 degrees in the summer....Does not bother me but this cold I can't do.....watching the girls practice in the cold like it is a 70 degree day while I coward in my car with the heat going.... These kids are awesome...... Personally Volleyball should be a Winter/Spring sport and Baseball/Softball should be Fall..... that is just me....

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
It's 18º outside right now and feels good, just a sweatshirt on, 60º and overcast is a perfect day for me :). DD has played softball up here in 25º and snowing with short sleeves lol. She does not like the 95º+ days.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It's 18º outside right now and feels good, just a sweatshirt on, 60º and overcast is a perfect day for me :). DD has played softball up here in 25º and snowing with short sleeves lol. She does not like the 95º+ days.
I just want to point out something that I noticed. 40 degrees in Houston is cold to the bone. While in Arkansas 12 degrees was somewhat comfortable. Relative Humidity makes a difference. I am sure someone on here can break it down better.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
DD played in a 1 day this past Saturday here in Houston. It was 35 at 7am when we got to the park, warmed up to 60 midday with a crazy cold wind, and was 33 at 11pm when the championship game ended. It wasn't too bad to me, but you know Texas people. You would have thought it was the next ice age.

DD refuses to play in a sweatshirt/hoodie (drives DW crazy). You would have thought it was 75 looking at her. It only bother her when she pitches and her hand get cold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45