It happened...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
So I come home and my dd meets me at the door. She's like guess what? And next thing I know is she's saying her new Ghost Advanced has a Crack. I say that's why we have a warranty. It's about 2 months old. Seen a couple games and tee work and some front toss.
So how long does it take for easton to receive bat and return it back to us? I'm sending it out tomarrow morning.

Jun 7, 2020
I tried to post a picture. I clicked attach files and selected the photo. It came up but then the file name had a line crossing thru it. What did I do wrong?

Jun 4, 2019
Can’t answer your question, but I’ll never buy another ghost. Mine came wobbly out of the box and cracked and chipped within weeks. Almost ever girl that has one on my team had the same issue. I’ll stick to other high end bats.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
So I come home and my dd meets me at the door. She's like guess what? And next thing I know is she's saying her new Ghost Advanced has a Crack. I say that's why we have a warranty. It's about 2 months old. Seen a couple games and tee work and some front toss.
So how long does it take for easton to receive bat and return it back to us? I'm sending it out tomarrow morning.
IDK on return...ours lasted 5 weeks..... just sent it back Friday...

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Dad on our travel ball team showed me his daughter’s bat this past weekend (2025s are still playing while 2024s are playing with their HS teams). Believe it was 2020 Ghost Stars and Stripes model. Cracked at the connection. Just heard (and now seen) so many stories about what seem to be quality issues with the Ghost, despite performance most seem to like/love. I am sticking the Mizuno PC. Have three of those bats between two DDs and have had zero issues. Also have had good experience with DeMarini.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
Returns take about a month, but I would expect they are behind with all of the returns right now. Everyone that I know who swings a ghost has broken at least one and most of them have broken a few. That said my daughter is convinced she hits the ball harder with her ghost, so we keep going back. At least the last one she broke was under warranty. Now we just hope it gets here before the HS season is over.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
My DD 14u team has gone thru approximately 20-25 ghost bats in the last 8 months. At any given time there are 3 or 4 in the return cycle. So players just use other players bat of the same size until theirs is returned. And the cycle continues. 32/22 seem to be the worse culprit. Its a poor business model. Take your $400 for about $35 worth of materials and hope you get tied of returning process and then hope you just buy next year's model. What other product could survive such tremendously poor durability?

Jun 7, 2020
I mailed it off today. We will see how long this process takes. My dd hitting coach said she doesn't know how to use her GA until she breaks it. Idk how true that is but is mashing the ball with her lxt. I hope to get the ghost back soon as possible so she can get some use out of it in our June tournaments.

Oct 2, 2015
My return in late March took a little over a week, and the biggest delay was I paid for regular ground shipment there.

May 20, 2015
It's weird.....DD1's original GA, bought 1/20, has all of last season, a bunch of winter work, and is still seeing games this spring.....it looks great, hits great........her GA bought 3/21 saw a few small cracks right out of the gate, a few weeks in, we keep using it until it stops being hot or the cracks become obvious.....they haven't grown

DD2's original 2018 Blue Ghost 31/21 is still in the bag......no warranty, it is pretty much a back up/gamer at this point (no clue when we got that one.....2 years?).......SHE got a 31/21 GA less than a month ago......she showed me a crack after last nights game that is 3" long and you can easily get your nail into......it's going back today

DD2 does have a 33/23 mantra that she is starting to like.......maybe we'll migrate in that direction at this point

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2