IScore / Gamechanger / Presto Sports?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
I became a GameChanger disciple early, because it was easy and I liked it. All indications were that iScore was a bit more comprehensive, but over the years, GC added in more advanced stats as well. It's not exactly VHS vs Beta, but it's not Coke vs Pepsi either.

I cannot tell you which came first, but I can say that iScore has the reputation of being a lot more responsive to customer demands for product improvements. With GameChanger, customers would demand A, B, and C, and then they'd announce, "Hi, check out the x, y, and z we've just created for this year!", whereas iScore would invest in A, B, and C for you.

May 6, 2015
Got a theory myself, that one or both of iscore and GC was adapted from what professionals use. I mean I strongly suspect that long before iScore and/or GC, MLB and minor league baseball (and probably shortly thereafter D1 teams) were using computerized scoring systems, just to make stat collection easier (and hence led to the rise of analytics). iscore and/or GC were probably adapted directly from this. therefore, one may be responding more to requests from their original corporate users of the a more highly advanced version, and have these filter down eventually to consumer version.

GC is also probably less responsive because it is no longer just GC, it is part of DSG.

Feb 26, 2018
You can email support at GC and make suggestions about features you would like or to ask questions. They've been very responsive. I work in the IT field, so I understand how important feedback can be and I try to give as much as I can and keep an open dialogue with them. I know if there's a feature update or change I would like to see, I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask and the more people who bring it up bumps it up higher on the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog