Is your travel team charging dues during the quarantine?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2016
We pay all our dues by September. Has been pretty quiet for a bit here. Will see what happens.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
FYI: We're in socal for one of the bigger orgs.

Just wondering what other teams are doing? We didn't pay dues this month because everything stopped March 15, coach is threatening to charge late dues, which obviously is a bunch of crap, I already know how this story goes (they'll expect us to keep paying, there'll be no softball this summer and tryouts will start up for new season and everyone who paid will be assed out).

Sorry for venting, we've been struggling during this time, it's effected us hard and would be nice if the team understood, I get that it's a business, but usually businesses don't charge if they're not rendering a service, I wish my business could keep charging folks for unused services during this quarantine.

Have you called the coach or head of the organization to discuss the payment disagreement in a civil manner? There are a lot of families that are going through financial issues at this time, I would hope the coach would understand that.

All dues were paid back in February for my daughters team. There will be a refund at the end of the season for any of the team's unused money. The team is has extended the schedule to make up for canceled tournaments.

May 29, 2015
If your org or your team is going to treat it like a business, you should too. Vote with your $$.

As for those tournaments ... same thing. Your coach should be telling them “If you put our fee towards a credit, we will be back next year to use it. We won’t be back after that.”

There is virtually no reason for a team to still need revenue right now. This has not been a choice, it has been forced on us. We are already losing the battle to be decent human beings without crap like this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812