Is Travel Ball the best way?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
No offense, and I am from MA so I know the struggles of trying to compete nationally in a Northeast state, but are there really any "National" teams in New England?
Ohhh, I didn't realize the poster was in the northeast. The truly national teams mostly come from known organizations. I wonder if this is one of those deals where an 18 "gold" coach creates an "All-American touring team" from a mass email list?

Feb 3, 2011
My DD much to my Chagrin wants to go to Florida. I’m trying for UConn or Penn State. Maybe North Carolina.
If those are the schools she's focusing on as an out-of-state applicant, then she's a top-tier candidate academically. Taken with the statements from your earlier post, I think that says a lot about where college softball ranks on her list of priorities.

Apr 28, 2019
Ohhh, I didn't realize the poster was in the northeast. The truly national teams mostly come from known organizations. I wonder if this is one of those deals where an 18 "gold" coach creates an "All-American touring team" from a mass email list?
No it’s not. Well known organization that places girls in good D-1 programs like Tennessee, Arkansas, Michigan etc...
Don’t knock the East people. We are finally getting some indoor facilities so we can practice in the Winter months. Not everybody can play outside year round.
I’ll take my snow you can have Your earth quakes, mud slides, wild fires, droughts etc....

Jun 8, 2016
Don’t sell New England short Pattar. UMass has produced some good players and been competitive Nationally in the past. Danielle Henderson played at UMass and won Gold at the Olympics as well as playing professionally. BU beat Oklahoma in a game last season.
All I am saying is that I don't see any New England TB teams playing in PGF,etc. Like I said, I am from MA and I know that good players come out of there but it is difficult to compete on a National level when you can only get on the dirt 6 months of the year. In baseball scouts actually like pitchers that come out of New England since they don't typically have the wear and tear on their arms that kids from warm weather states typically have by the time they are 18.

Apr 28, 2019
All I am saying is that I don't see any New England TB teams playing in PGF,etc. Like I said, I am from MA and I know that good players come out of there but it is difficult to compete on a National level when you can only get on the dirt 6 months of the year. In baseball scouts actually like pitchers that come out of New England since they don't typically have the wear and tear on their arms that kids from warm weather states typically have by the time they are 18.
The 14U National team I mentioned is in Georgia and heading to Cali soon for PGF event.

Jun 8, 2016
The 14U National team I mentioned is in Georgia and heading to Cali soon for PGF event.
That makes sense then. It isn't a "National" team based out of New England. I didn't say National teams don't have any New England players ;).

Jun 8, 2016
Yes it is. They are shadowing their 18U showcase team. Based out of Smithfield RI. All New England players. Go to their website and have a look.
Interesting...I will take a look. Is this the one: RI Thunder Gold 14U-Lotti ?