Is Tincher the best softball pitcher in the US?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Is Angela Tincher of Virginia Tech the best softball pitcher in the USA, including Abbott and Osterman?

And why didn't she make the Olympic team?

And what does Ernie Parker, the best teacher in the world, think of Tincher?

May 7, 2008
Im not sure she is the best but she is right up there, and after her performance against team USA I think she proved that she can play against the best of them. I think she will be a big name in the future.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
When it comes to selecting pitchers for the US National Team... they could pick 10 of them... all those 10 would still dominate most teams internationally.

Softball is a sport where a subjective evaluation is necessary. Not like timed sport where you take the fastest people.

Tincher was the last one cut at the tryouts. Mike Candrea decided to side with experience with Cat Osterman, Jennie Finch, and a young one in Monica Abbott. Who could argue that? You have Alicia has a reserve player.

Tincher is still in college, a little younger, and until the last 18-24 months, nobody had heard of her.. she is definitely a great pitcher but you gotta make decisions sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2008
Actually, I'm thinking that the fact she got cut this time around is pushing her to be even better. I'm wondering if the same thing would have happened had she made it.

Either way, I do hope she gets her bigger shot one day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478