is this believable

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
that a HC would say that he did not know that the dark grey blue version of the Ghost was illegal, given how long these bats have been out there? one of our catchers noticed after a girl hit a 2 RBI bomb this weekend, when our coach protested / called it to Umps attention, first he tried to bring out a different bat, then when told which bat the girl had used, tried to argue for 15 minutes. how can any coach not know, his excuse apparently was "been using that bat in lots of tournaments, so did not think it was an issue"

Feb 26, 2018
We had the same issue last weekend. One of our AC's noticed the girl batting was using the blue Ghost in a USSSA tourney. Let her finish the AB and she hit a 2 RBI double. Called it to the attention of the PU and they stopped the clock to confer. Coach on the other team tried hiding the bat and it took them 10 minutes to sort it out. They called the girl out and inning over since it was the 3rd out. Umps didn't know the rules regarding the player and HC being ejected and our HC was pissed they wouldn't do it.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Do any of your coaches know how to protest?

It isn't hard. Call the TD and/or UIC over and get it taken care of.

Feb 26, 2018
Oh I know they do, they've been doing this for quite a while. The umps said the UIC was on the way over and said they would deal with it when they got there and resumed play. I don't know if our HC didn't have the protest cash on him or what, but I know he was pretty heated about how it was handled.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Oh I know they do, they've been doing this for quite a while. The umps said the UIC was on the way over and said they would deal with it when they got there and resumed play. I don't know if our HC didn't have the protest cash on him or what, but I know he was pretty heated about how it was handled.

Nope. No. 1,000 times no.

Once I protest, the game STOPS until the protest is dealt with. No resuming the game while waiting. The umps can say what they like or whatever but it is wrong and disturbing they don't know this as well.

We all have cell phones - the UIC and TD are meant to be contactable even if they are not physically at the field. We can deal with over the phone if we have to, but the game is NOT moving forward until my protest is heard and ruled on.

May 6, 2015
actually, in our case, apparently (heard this kinda second hand), ump was going to toss HC and player, but our HC said call TD, he did not want anyone to get tossed. 25 minute delay waiting on either TD or UIC, not certain, to arrive in golf cart, HCs and Ump go ou to RF to sort, out, like fuzzy it was a 2 RBI run multiple base hit, but ended up being the 3rd out, but no one was tossed. not certain where bat ended up.

to me it was HC trying to present different bat that made a lot of us really think he knew, and just figured he would try to get away with it.

Feb 26, 2018
I don't know why he didn't protest to be honest. Maybe he wasn't being that adamant about the player and HC being tossed. The parents on the other side thought we were being petty since they were beating us (we're a 13U team playing a very very good 14U team).

May 20, 2016
Not sure as i don't know anyone involved but there is a girl on my DD's team that has both ghost bats. She regularly takes the wrong bat to the plate and usually the other players call her out on it as the coach is on 3rd.

Player doesn't do it on purpose, she's just a kid that doesn't think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12