Is this acceptable?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2015
South
Even at 10U rec, the kids should be taught that there is no walking on or off the field. Before taking the field, there should be a short huddle then sprint to their position. When I coached, we practiced this as well as how to handle pre batter warm ups. If this was a kid not following practiced procedures, some form of discipline (if you won't run out on the field, you can stay in the dugout) would be appropriate.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I was uncomfortable with 1 of DD's coaches, they were yelling at her ALL the time. I need to get involved so I asked DD, she said he was a sweetheart. No longer involved. :)

Jul 5, 2016
I was uncomfortable with 1 of DD's coaches, they were yelling at her ALL the time. I need to get involved so I asked DD, she said he was a sweetheart. No longer involved. :)

My daughter's TB coach was a piece of work. Talking to the girls while spitting tobacco juice, teasing the girls about their mistakes, etc., etc. But the girls loved him. They knew he cared and that took the edge off of behavior that would have gotten many a coach canned.

Jun 11, 2013
The coach is completely incompetent.
Kidding, sort of, Its me. I did not eat the cookie and do the impression, but it took every ounce of restraint I have not to! We had a talk about how to act at the next practice about it.
You'll be great. Never lose your sense of humor.

Jan 12, 2020
If the team is being pokey getting taking the field and when the coach says,”Girls, we have a ball game to play, hustle out.” and the center fielder replies with “but I need to finish my cookie” Is it acceptable to take the half eaten cookie out of her hands, gobble it like cookie monster and yell in cookie monsters voice, “You go play outfield”
10u local league, asking for a friend.
Why were cookies in the dugout in the first place!!

Nov 26, 2020
If the team is being pokey getting taking the field and when the coach says,”Girls, we have a ball game to play, hustle out.” and the center fielder replies with “but I need to finish my cookie” Is it acceptable to take the half eaten cookie out of her hands, gobble it like cookie monster and yell in cookie monsters voice, “You go play outfield”
10u local league, asking for a friend.
Totally awesome and acceptable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802