Is this acceptable?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
Diet can control diabetes. My father-in-law died because of diabetes and not controlling his diet. Loved sweets and soda. Never touched alcohol in his life as far as I know. Many years the doctors told him to control his diet. When he finally did it was too late. Miss him terribly.

My understanding is that Type 2 diabetes can be controlled or prevented by diet. Type 1 diabetes, on the other hand, has a different root cause.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My understanding is that Type 2 diabetes can be controlled or prevented by diet. Type 1 diabetes, on the other hand, has a different root cause.
Yes. Once you have type 1 (at this point) you have to take insulin forever. Diet controls how much insulin you need, but will never eliminate it. With Type 1 your body stops making insulin, with type 2 your body makes it, but doesn’t use it properly.

May 29, 2015
You are correct. Type 1 diabetes (juvenile) is caused by immune response to a virus. Here are pics of my dd the year she was diagnosed. Anyone who can show me where the cookies caused the disease is welcome to try.

I have a daughter who has Type 1 also ... the "can she eat ..." drives me nuts.

I understand why both are called diabetes, but I really wish they were called different things.

To really blow your minds, there is a "Type 3" that develops in pregnant women. That doesn't have anything to do with pickles and ice cream, either.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
I understand why both are called diabetes, but I really wish they were called different things.

DW is type 1. Was diagnosed at 5 and hers is hereditary. Her father was type 1.

She wishes they had different names as well. Most people only know about type 2 and it drives her crazy when people look at her with pity when they find out.

Jun 11, 2013
To the OP, I think the coach might have gone a little over the the line, but certainly got his port across. I remember when our 8U team moved to 10U and I told the kids they had to stay in the dugout between innings rather than sit with their parents. A few looked at me like I was taking their dog away.

I imagine there are some times when someone needs to eat and most coaches are OK with it, but for most people then can go a game without eating.

Jun 26, 2019
To the OP, I think the coach might have gone a little over the the line, but certainly got his port across. I remember when our 8U team moved to 10U and I told the kids they had to stay in the dugout between innings rather than sit with their parents. A few looked at me like I was taking their dog away.

I imagine there are some times when someone needs to eat and most coaches are OK with it, but for most people then can go a game without eating.

The coach is completely incompetent.
Kidding, sort of, Its me. I did not eat the cookie and do the impression, but it took every ounce of restraint I have not to! We had a talk about how to act at the next practice about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812