Is Slapping going to be a thing of the past?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I was never a fan either until people and coaches started recommending it. Then I started paying closer attention to slappers. It has been the biggest confidence booster for my DD and has multiplied her love for the game. Even if slapping does come to an end, we still have no regrets!

I'm a fan of whatever my DD does. So currently I'm not a big fan of slapping. But you better believe if she started doing it I'd be a big fan. :)

Apr 28, 2014
I'm a stats guy and DD is a pitcher. She's good but not SEC good... Anyway over the last 2 years she has faced 34 slappers (34 bats total). She has given up 2 hits on those 34 at bats. Now about half are at school so these are not top tier players but 21 have been against top tier teams in tournaments in Colorado, Florida etc. She has zero fear of slappers. Maybe we don't run into that many but bunts are more successful against her and her team.

Mar 28, 2014
The game is definitely shifting to being more of a power game, but there will always be room for good slappers. Albeit, not too much room. Maybe one per team. You just give up too much if you have a bunch of slappers in your lineup. I've seen it first hand. My DD's TB team had FIVE of them. At a certain point it really limits your ability to have big innings because it decreases your margin for error when all you do it get singles

So yes there will be room for slappers, but only for the best of the best of them. The rest will be turned out to pasture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22