Is registration required?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2019
We have decided to take our rec team to tournaments next summer and get them started in the travel ball scene. My daughter has played 2 yrs of 10u travel so we have limited amount of experience, but the girls are really excited.

My daughter was asked to also play for another 12u team for fall, spring, and when she can in the summer. They know about us starting a team and are fine with her being a long term "guest".

My question: I had planned to register with USSSA for our team, however none of the tournaments that we have planned require any association. My daughter will be registered with the other team through USSSA while she plays with them. Can she be on two rosters or does our new team even need to be registered at all. If each player has personal insurance is the team insurance that helpful if we choose not to register and none of our tournaments require it. Thanks.

Nov 29, 2009
Your DD can not be on 2 different USSSA rosters at the same time. I believe if she is on a 12U roster she can not play in a younger age division. I may be wrong, it's been a while since I've dealt with USSSA. You can always register the team with a different sanctioning body if you have to. Neither sanctions rules carries over to the other as far as rosters and any other things are concerned.

You do not have to have your team registered with a sanctioning body unless the tournaments you enter are sanctioned by one of them. There are multiple sanctioning bodies out there. There are many tournaments that are open and registering with a sanctioning body is not required.

As for insurance you'll need to get team insurance. There are couple of companies that offer it. Most tournaments accept it from them. Sometimes you get a sanctioning body that requires insurance from their "Approved" insurer. Most times that is for national level tournaments.

May 29, 2015
We have decided to take our rec team to tournaments next summer and get them started in the travel ball scene.

big-lebowski-stirring.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802