Is it possible to wear out a glove in 18 months?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If it is a dual core leather it will said dual core on the glove.
Nope, it won’t. I’m pretty sure the new fastpitch HOH’s doesn’t have Dual Core on them, but they are. The ones that are 20% player break in, and 80% factory break in are made from soft shell Featherlight leather.........that’s Dual Core leather crap!

Feb 3, 2011
My SS is on yr 4 of her A2000. She takes good care of it but doesn't baby it.
Same. I think DD's A2000 is 5 years old now, but she did miss about a year during that time. No signs of breakdown despite heavy use. Very basic level of care: keeps it dry, gets cleaned and conditioned every few months, stores it with ball inside 100% of the time. It's been re-laced once.

When I was young, I was taught to take care of my tools, so that's one solid lesson I have been able to pass on.

Jan 8, 2019
Same. I think DD's A2000 is 5 years old now, but she did miss about a year during that time. No signs of breakdown despite heavy use. Very basic level of care: keeps it dry, gets cleaned and conditioned every few months, stores it with ball inside 100% of the time. It's been re-laced once.

When I was young, I was taught to take care of my tools, so that's one solid lesson I have been able to pass on.
It amazes me how many kids do not even understand how to take care of their equipment! Although many people considered my glove so floppy that it was unplayable, I used the glove I had from HS, and a 1B glove I picked up in college until last fall (~40 and 30 yrs respectively)!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802