Is it possible to wear out a glove in 18 months?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
DD had A2000 fall out of bag (not zipped up) and replaced with Ralwlings Heart of the Hide and the glove is worn out. If you don't catch the ball square in the webbing it stings pretty good. DD is a pitcher so it gets a lot of use.

Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2019
DD may get a little over a year. That's it. There are inserts you can buy for a little extra life but it's our experience that the glove is soon to go once the palm weakens.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
It depends on how well they treat the glove and the quality of the glove.

DD is on year 4 of her Vinci glove. But she babies it when she is not using it. Makes sure she doesn't put it away wet, always has a ball in it, puts it inside her helmet so it doesn't get squashed in her bag, conditions it once a year, etc. Glove still has several years left on it.

Oct 4, 2018
It depends on how well they treat the glove and the quality of the glove.

DD is on year 4 of her Vinci glove. But she babies it when she is not using it. Makes sure she doesn't put it away wet, always has a ball in it, puts it inside her helmet so it doesn't get squashed in her bag, conditions it once a year, etc. Glove still has several years left on it.

I gotta get this through my DD's head.

She comes off the field and just flings the glove on the ground in the dugout where it gets trampled.

:grr:

Oct 4, 2018
I've certainly heard that you reduce the life by years if you take shortcuts breaking it in. How'd you break it in?

Nov 18, 2015
I've heard others on here say that the dual-core Rawlings go floppy very quickly. Do HOTH gloves come with the dual-core option as well? Or I guess I should have just asked - is that the version your daughter is using?

Feb 15, 2017
I've heard others on here say that the dual-core Rawlings go floppy very quickly. Do HOTH gloves come with the dual-core option as well? Or I guess I should have just asked - is that the version your daughter is using?
I don't think dual core it is or was white heart of the hide

Feb 15, 2017
I've certainly heard that you reduce the life by years if you take shortcuts breaking it in. How'd you break it in?
I followed the videos posted on YouTube by the Mizuno glove expert. It's been oiled every six months.

Apr 28, 2014
DD gets 12 months out of a glove. Good ones.. Vinci, Liberty, A2000. That's with 12 months pitching 4 days per week and two practice days per week

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28