Is it cracked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2016
DD's replacement Ghost. Is it paint cracks or replacement cracks?

Attachments

• IMG_4999.jpeg
    IMG_4999.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
Aug 10, 2020
For 14U Nationals in TN this year, all bats need to be available to be inspected when the team checks in.

Apr 26, 2021
DD plays 12U and only saw 1 bat checked last weekend. PG Ump wanted to look at a Demarini during the middle of an at bat.

May 29, 2019
I talked to an Easton rep this past weekend at a tourney about cracked Ghosts. Her response was "If I can't get my fingernail under it, then it is not cracked. It's the paint." I'm not saying she is right or wrong, but she also went into a pretty good discussion about known issues where the "paint cracks" on the Advanced, why it does, etc... I showed her a bat that looked similar to the pic above, and the response was "Still good for now..." if there is no noticeable effect in performance. :unsure:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And I have said for almost 2 years about paint cracks...it didnt just start with the ADV. Been around a long time. Problem
is parents inspect bats with microscopes after every game and any line is an OMG moment :ROFLMAO:

When a bat cracks...you will know it. It will come thru the paint and have a sharktooth look. Just because you "see" something,
doesnt mean its broken. Keep hitting. Composites dont get worse...bat wont be dead :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802