Is GoPro the best option?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2018
Now I’m really interested. What did you use to add the game info and radar?

Hi @Fury_Mike , I'm building sidelineHD, a service that adds virtual scoreboards from a team's GameChanger / iScore / Pocket Radar. @EcoT is one of our fearless beta testers!

All a live-streamer needs to do is direct their RTMP feed to our server and push RECORD, we do everything else. Video shows up on YT. And it's all live.

Super-grateful for the DFP community and the live-streamers here -- @Josh Greer and @Eric F helped make this happen.

We're still in beta, so it's not (yet!) available for purchase. Here's more info: sidelineHD.com/doc/info

Ben

May 3, 2016
Hi @Fury_Mike , I'm building sidelineHD, a service that adds virtual scoreboards from a team's GameChanger / iScore / Pocket Radar. @EcoT is one of our fearless beta testers!

All a live-streamer needs to do is direct their RTMP feed to our server and push RECORD, we do everything else. Video shows up on YT. And it's all live.

Super-grateful for the DFP community and the live-streamers here -- @Josh Greer and @Eric F helped make this happen.

We're still in beta, so it's not (yet!) available for purchase. Here's more info: sidelineHD.com/doc/info

Ben

I have a few questions.
1. Will this work with a GoPro hero 8
2. Will it use a phones hotspot or will it run through the phones LTE
3. Does the GC need to be done on the same device that the camera is connected to.
4. When do you think you will release this.
5. How would one handle multiple teams. I could be streaming up to 3 different teams each week.

I would love to beta test some but we are about 3 weeks from shutting down for the year. However I would love to have this next spring\summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 30, 2020
Looking for some feedback on my best options to start recording my daughter’s games at travel ball tournaments.

it depends on what you want to do and how far “down the rabbit hole” you want to go.

If you want to just record games to edit/watch later, then a GoPro is the best option.

If you want to stream to Facebook/YouTube, then a Mevo Start is the best option.

Both cameras are designed to excel in different areas. The one good thing about the GoPro is that it has been around long enough that you can buy an older model at a much lower price.

Knockoffs are an option but you get what you pay for. I had two $50 knockoffs die within 6 months. I bought the GoPro Hero 5 after the 6 came out and it has been a trooper through countless games over 3+ years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802