Is bunting considered "old softball"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I was 6' 150 lbs my freshmen year in HS..I wouldn't have wanted to get in the way of some of the 12U kids Marcela plays on a weekly basis..

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
So what exactly does that mean? Males and females can't switch sports? How does game mentality differ from men to women?

I'm sure I'm just reading it wrong
One of my favorite games is co-ed slow pitch with quality players. Basically, the men are stronger and faster and the women have quicker reaction times and better communication skills. Some of the ladies can hit it out with 300' fences that are 7' tall. :devilish:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
One of my favorite games is co-ed slow pitch with quality players. Basically, the men are stronger and faster and the women have quicker reaction times and better communication skills. Some of the ladies can hit it out with 300' fences that are 7' tall. :devilish:
Nice observations BigSkyHi !

Jun 8, 2016
One of my favorite games is co-ed slow pitch with quality players. Basically, the men are stronger and faster and the women have quicker reaction times and better communication skills.
When the only 3 words a male needs to use are "You are right" what do you expect?

Jun 26, 2020
Most definitely. There's some serious women's players everywhere. I'm not a fan of slow pitch. It's too easy. It in no way has anything to do with FP and baseball similarities. If we're still on that topic

Sep 1, 2020
Bunting is a strategy and should be used in situations. As Jake Stockdale would say... "get em on, get em over and get em in" = success.......bunting is the "get em over" just like hitting to the right side when you have runner on 2nd or third. If you say bunting is not much good because it reduces your production - you have to stay focused on the idea of win any way you can because you are probably not going to win against a dominant pitcher that way. You better have strategy against the dominant pitcher, yes bunting part of it, not all of it. Case in point.... you aren't gonna get hardly any chances to hit base hits or homeruns against someone like this :

So if you, say.....get a walk or on base by error you better bunt against this pitcher if there 0 or 1 out. if this example isn't relative...... and You want expert opinion on bunting - try Michael White - head women's coach University of Texas - check his resume and contact him, I would trust his answer over any of these posts

Oct 4, 2018
I don't like to bunt much but it's great to be able to do it when you need to. Run probabilities are based on aggregate data and I agree with the math until the time comes when I only need 1 run to win.

Agreed. I personally hate small ball. Not entirely sure why, as I understand the strategy and agree it works (in the lower levels of softball where my girls both play).

1603372119286.png

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Agreed. I personally hate small ball. Not entirely sure why, as I understand the strategy and agree it works (in the lower levels of softball where my girls both play).

View attachment 19755
Well you also posted hating defensively playing 3rd base,
Maybe its just toooo much quick work involved at that position for some, and small ball creates more quick work ! 💁

Nice to read someone post while they may not like it, they see the strategy in it! 👍

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802