Is bunting considered "old softball"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
@625 what brought you to fastpitch?
Bad coaching really. I coached my daughters who moved on. I saw a huge void in coaching

I quit coaching baseball when the salaries went down. My business was doing great. It was a clash. I always worked with baseball players after coaching. I was contacted by some fastpitch players who hit the wall and needed to break through. I dont charge, so I get way too many offers. I prefer to work with a certain type of player

I love sucess its nice to be part of that jou

Mar 10, 2020
What are the differences then? Let's hear them
Because baseballis far more technically demanding. Its a very tough sport
It is never surprising when a baseball person leaves the sport they profess to know so much about. To try and tell people in fastpitch what fastpitch is all about.

Fastpitch batters have less reaction time to pitches.
Its a very tough sport

May 23, 2015
It is never surprising when a baseball person leaves the sport they profess to know so much about. To try and tell people in fastpitch what fastpitch is all about.

Fastpitch batters have less reaction time to pitches.
Its a very tough sport
Its never surprising when you read comments like this from people who have played neither sport

Mar 10, 2020
Its never surprising when you read comments like this from people who have played neither sport
Your that narrow minded that you think one sport is more technical.
Have a bb background doesnt blind me to predjudice on skills required.

Jun 16, 2010
Throwing technique in infield in fastpitch......is because of the faster timing, shorter baselines. Theres not time to drop the arm for a stronger slower throw. Everything about infield fielding and throwing is faster in fastpitch...theres no time for loose sloppy form, double clutching ball, long throw windups, etc.

Fastpitch is a better game. It is more demanding of proper technique.

Jun 26, 2020
Neither game is easy they're both very tough. Comparing the two baseball is far more technical because the field is over double the size. If you don't believe it walk on a baseball field and stand at a position. There's a ton of holes that need to be covered. That demands technique. A good example of that at the high level is the amount of no hitters. No hitters are a lot more prevalent in FP

Also a great indicator of the difficulty is the fact that scouts don't sit in the stands at fastpitch games looking for prospects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802