Is bunting considered "old softball"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Every out that you have lowers your chances to score a run. If you look at your chart it tells the story.

In a sac situation the pitcher and defense is ready for it. Its a 78% out. In a hitting situation its even money. When miss buntsalot comes to bat again after reaching on a bunt that number will significantly decrease. Thats why it doesn't happen repeatedly.
Again, never said to rely only on bunting to win games. We don’t have any hitters that only bunt (thank goodness), but if the situation calls for it, it can be extremely effective in FP softball.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Every out that you have lowers your chances to score a run. If you look at your chart it tells the story.

In a sac situation the pitcher and defense is ready for it. Its a 78% out. In a hitting situation its even money. When miss buntsalot comes to bat again after reaching on a bunt that number will significantly decrease. Thats why it doesn't happen repeatedly.
You keep thinking bunting is always an out.
Simply isnt!

At what running speed does bunting become more/most successful....

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hang in there Vertigo, I’m rooting for you! Don’t forget to remind the bunting haters here that on the MLB level, bunting don’t put asses in seats, which is what it’s all about, or it was before this glorious 2020 year! 🙂

May 23, 2015
I just skipped over this nugget of information from the article

"I also included games from the 2014 NCAA Tournament and Women’s College World Series. This included 1,802 games with over 115,000 individual plays."

Out of 115,000 ABs they bunted 3900 times. Thats very very close to insignificant

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hang in there Vertigo, I’m rooting for you! Don’t forget to remind the bunting haters here that on the MLB level, bunting don’t put asses in seats, which is what it’s all about, or it was before this glorious 2020 year! 🙂
Aparantly MLB dont need asses in the seats 👤👥👤 anymore
....and will be starting itb...
Shameful if they'll use bunting... ;)

May 27, 2013
Hahaha - thanks! Have to be up at 4:30 for work so calling it a night. The tag-teamers can continue to take my posts completely out of context. It’s all good fun from behind an iPad screen. 😉

Jun 8, 2016
There is a time and place for sac bunting at all levels and it is usually when scoring 1 run is going to significantly improve your chance of winning. That is the point right? To win? If 2000 Pedro was pitching, I might bunt in the second inning. On the other hand if I was the 2020 Sox manager I probably wouldn't be sacrifice bunting until the bottom of the ninth...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hahaha - thanks! Have to be up at 4:30 for work so calling it a night. The tag-teamers can continue to take my posts completely out of context. It’s all good fun from behind an iPad screen. 😉
NO!! I want you to cuss everyone of them out, I just popped some popcorn!

May 23, 2015
Haha She's in good shape Mick is her corner man

In the chart posted it shows 115,000 ABs with only 1258 successfully reaching base safely. That's not good numbers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101