is anyone watching LLSWS?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
does anyone else find the gun numbers they are posting a little too good to be true, 12 yo pitchers all throwing 60+ consistently?

Apr 20, 2015
At PGF in 12u there were a handful of pitchers touching 60 in premier so yes I agree that the little league radar must be the same one that had Missouri's pitiful pitching staff touching 70 last yr they were low to mid 60s at best

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
does anyone else find the gun numbers they are posting a little too good to be true, 12 yo pitchers all throwing 60+ consistently?

ESPN's guns are always at least +3. They looked to be at least +7 last night. Of course Michele Smith just commented on the numbers like they were real :)

The great thing was the girl showing '65' was interviewed afterwards and said her goal for the year was to work towards hitting 60 for the tournament and she thinks she might have done that. She looked around that.

I was actually pretty impressed with the pitchers in both games last night. Best I have seen in a LLSWS in awhile.

Apr 8, 2019
I texted my daughter's coach about the same thing. Every pitcher was 60. I truly don't believe it at the age of 12. Think about it. All of them?

Apr 8, 2019
At PGF in 12u there were a handful of pitchers touching 60 in premier so yes I agree that the little league radar must be the same one that had Missouri's pitiful pitching staff touching 70 last yr they were low to mid 60s at best

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don't believe it. Especially the girl at 65. I will give you maybe 2 at 58-60. At the age of 12.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Last night a pitch was posted at 65 mph, my wife said "did that just say 65, is that girl throwing 65 mph??" NO dear!! Although I thought both pitchers threw great in that game.

Jun 4, 2014
At first I thought it was a reading of what the pitch speed would be if it had the same "in-flight" time as a 60 foot pitch. They were pitching from 40 feet, so 50% higher. Though the pitches did look higher than low 40s. It was definitely off, I just don't know how much.

The other thing I noticed was that the girl from Mexico was definitely throwing consistently harder than the girl from Louisiana, but her MPH on screen was regularly 3-5 lower than Louisiana.

All that makes me think the radar was at a fairly extreme angle to the 1b side of home plate.

May 6, 2015
glad to see it seemed off to others I know. #1P for DDs new team, who she has caught for before, is hitting low 50s (12 yo), and I think she is throwing as hard if not harder than the girls last night (and not to take anything away from them, they did throw excellent, 2H, 0BB, shutout is an excellent game for the girls from LA regardless of velocity)

Apr 28, 2014
Last night the girl from. Louisiana was touching 65 and 66 on the gun.
In the post game interview she told the report that her goal was to hit 60 and she thinks she hit it today.
So my best estimate is about 5 to 6mph over stated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28