IR and Bruxh in Japan

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Can someone GIF the slo motion rise ball demonstration at the approx 2min mark... please
I'd like to see the spin axis. He throws hard enough that the speed and trajectory alone appears to be effective!
I'm curious to see how exactly he's achieving back spin with that demo of a hard I/R move?? I'd imagine it'd be a bullet spin as a best case scenario... but then again look at Rachel Garcia's rise.... bullet can be effective at those higher speeds

After watching it, it looks to me like bullet spin. Could be wrong? At that speed, I'm wondering if it matters anyway

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You may already know, comma and period button with move video frame by frame in youtube

Thank you for posting this. I wasn't aware of this feature. I tested it out and like it.

Recently replaced a computer with a Vista O/S that I used to download video from Youtube. The Youtube download feature seems to be broken for me with new computer using Win-10 O/S.

With Firefox, or Chrome, ... do you have a procedure for downloading videos from Youtube? Is there some 'option' I need to add to the browser?

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Thank you for posting this. I wasn't aware of this feature. I tested it out and like it.

Recently replaced a computer with a Vista O/S that I used to download video from Youtube. The Youtube download feature seems to be broken for me with new computer using Win-10 O/S.

With Firefox, or Chrome, ... do you have a procedure for downloading videos from Youtube? Is there some 'option' I need to add to the browser?

I use makeagif.com for pulling gifs from youtube videos and for hosting. I've had good luck with it. I'll usually make a gif from there, then edit it with Ezgif.com.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2016

I use VLC. It’s very easy. You should be able to see how on google. It’s like 2-3 steps. Let me know if anyone has any problems and I’ll be happy to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Follow-up ...

I can now download MP4 files to a Win-10 computer.

I used to use QuickTime-Pro to edit MP4 videos into segments for making GIFs. QuickTime-Pro is no longer available.

Would appreciate recommendations for cutting up MP4 video into small pieces and saving in MOV and/or AVI format. (I use ULEAD to create GIFs ... and it likes to import MOV and AVI formatted files).

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Got QTPro working.

Thank you all for the help. Greatly appreciated.

RB1.gif

Jun 29, 2014
Found this video in HD. Go to the 3:20 mark. Seems like all pitchers in Japan go to the same PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH3chluDZa0

For those that are interested my friend in Japan finally got this translated. He said the translation from English to Japanese is much easier than it is going from Japanese to English so take it for what it's worth. Here is what he sent me for the 3:20-4:30 mark translation.

"What he is demonstrating he calls, "Brushing tip."

He says, because of the way the arms rotate, if your body is facing squarely forward, you cannot do the "Brushing tip."
Until your elbow meets your hips, your body is facing perpendicular. As he reaches the release point in his rotation, his elbow touches to his hips where he turns his hips to use the principle of leverage of the wrist snap.

Basically he is talking about the timing between the rotating arm and connecting with the hips to incorporate the entire body to the pitch and "snapping the wrist," to release."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22