iphone, camera/video and blast sensor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
If you work offline, you theoretically can match Vision data to the swing after you download. It might not show the data the same time, but you could match the metrics. Have you downloaded the swings and matched them to the Vision metrics?
I have not tried that, though i realize it is possible, i am just too lazy to go thru the effort, seemed like they could just put the Vision functionality into the Blast app during recording. I am not techy enough to know why that wouldn't work. Maybe in a future version.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
fanboi22,

Do you measure the distance of the camera to the tee and have the camera on a tripod when using Vision?

Bottom line Vision is film/camera based.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Yes. I believe it was like 12’ or so away from batter and in front of batter. I tried a few positions but what the app suggests is best.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Well I found out that the sensor doesn't work with dry swings. So I haven't measured my batspeed yet. My back, middle, was sore after swinging. I think that was a good thing.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Has anyone paid the extra fees to unlock all the metrics? I didn't know that you only get a few metrics with the purchase of the sensor. They want $100 for the year and 6.95 a month for each player to unlock all the metrics.

I see in the baseball app they have metrics for exit velocity, launch angle and estimated distance. It's part of the extra metrics you have to purchase. So, I'm not sure if it's taken with all the metrics at the same time. The softball app doesn't have exit velocity, launch angle and estimated distance as part of the extra metrics.

Edit: I guess if all your kids used the same bat, I have 3 that use a similar bat, you could pay for one kid monthly. I would like to unlock all the metrics. Just wanted to know if anyone has used all the metrics.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
fanboi22,

From what I gathered from the info and unlocking all the metrics, in the baseball app it unlocked ball flight, exit velocity and distance. So what I heard so far in the videos that the baseball app can show everything together. I'll test it out this week, but from what I gathered so far the swing metrics and ball flight metrics work together when you unlock all the metrics.

My softball app is unlocked, but it doesn't have the ball flight metrics.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
fanboi22,

From what I gathered from the info and unlocking all the metrics, in the baseball app it unlocked ball flight, exit velocity and distance. So what I heard so far in the videos that the baseball app can show everything together. I'll test it out this week, but from what I gathered so far the swing metrics and ball flight metrics work together when you unlock all the metrics.

My softball app is unlocked, but it doesn't have the ball flight metrics.
Ok, great thanks for the info. Do you think it's only in the baseball app, or is it also in the Softball app that you can unlock and combine everything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802