iphone, camera/video and blast sensor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I just purchased a iphone 7 from Amazon. Waiting for it now. I see it has some zoom and frames rate options, 30 to 240 fps. I wanted it because of video capability. I needed a new video camera so I can post my kids anyways.

Who has an iphone and use it for analysis (Right view pro, coaches eye), blast sensor and shooting video? How well does the phone perform for these purposes?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Oh, I wanted any opinions on the Blast sensor and should I get the softball or baseball version? I think Correa is one of the models for baseball. What version has the best models/data comparison?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Wait a second, with the Blast sensor you download the app, which has the models/metrics. So is there really any difference between the softball and baseball versions on the sensor? The softball sensor is cheaper.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What is this I'm hearing about subscriptions for the Blast sensor? Who has and uses the Blast sensor and who can direct me on how to use it or how it works (subscription?) ?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Question:
whats the difference between blast baseball and blast softball ?
Answer:
There are no differences between the baseball and softball App. The sensors are the exact same; however, the app is designed to suit either baseball or softball, with different videos and animations suited for each sport. The metrics are also the same except for the attack angle between the two sports. A softball or baseball player can user either app.
By Customer Support, Blast Motion MANUFACTURER on July 5, 2018

So buy the cheaper softball sensor? Amazon has the softball sensor $96.82 and the baseball sensor at $109.53.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I see there is premium version as an option for $100 a year. So there is no subscription that must be purchased? Only if you want all the bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I purchased the Blast sensor softball version. I can't sleep so I couldn't wait for everyone to wake up and give me feedback. :sleep: :sleep::sleep:

Sep 23, 2018
We use Blast all of the time. We are starting to dive deeper into the features. It helps give a direction on things to work on.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I have blast. We use mostly for speed. You can put multible bats on it so its good for comparing bats and finding out which bat (size) is best. I dont really undetstand blast factor number and its all over the place. In other words, DD will make a nice powerful swing and get a lower score than when she rolls over one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28