Introductions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2008
Aloha Marc!

Thanks for creating this community. I'm looking forward to some good fastpitch discussions with other members.

I thought this would be a good place for new members to do a little introduction. I'll go first.

I'm Stacie and have been involved with softball since I was 9 years old. I'm not actively playing at the moment, but I do coach and have kids playing as well. But the thing that most people I meet online find most interesting is the fact that I live in Hawaii.

I'm looking forward to meeting the other members!

Stacie
www.allaboutfastpitch.com

May 7, 2008
New Hampshire
Hello:

I Dave and I have been involved with softball for 25 plus years. I have played and now in my 20th year of coaching. I coach the Manchester Memorial HS Varsity softball and the Manchester Mystics summer travel team. I live in New Hampshire.

May 7, 2008
Hey all,
I am Lisa, I am still in college and playing at a really small school. I love everything about softball, the smell, the feel and and the sounds. I have played from the time was 4and it has all been great. I am also coaching a HS summer traveling team while on summer break. I am young as a coach and looking for all the tools and resources I can in order to better my girls.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Hi, I'm Amy. 53. Native of Central IL., now coaching private pitching and hitting lessons in Tucson. PE degree from IL. State. 35 years in softball. Played ASA ball in Casey IL. during the 70s. I was head coach at both Lincoln Land CC and Springfield College in Il. for a few years. My husband and I have been married for 26 years and our kids are 24,22 and 19.

May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH
Marc,

I wish you well with your new forum.

This is Dave Weaver aka...Catching Coach. I run the New England Catching Camp in Hudson NH. Was a presenter in January at the World Softball Coaches Convention in CT.

Feel free to post or email me with any catching related questions.

I will be sure to check this forum daily.

May 7, 2008
Hi, I am Mike. I coach a Rec. team and my daughter plays travel ball. I look forward to "picking the brain" of Marc and some other of you. I have been involved with softball for six years and love every minute of it. Thank Marc for the boards.

May 7, 2008
Minot, ND
Hi! I am so excited about this site! My name is Katy and I am the mom of a 14 year old daughter who is a JV pitcher and a varsity 1st baseman. We live in ND. At this time Girl's Fastpitch is not a High School sanctioned sport. We were told that if we were able to come up with 12 teams in the state that the NDHSAA would sanction it. We have met that goal and the program is growing! It will be a sanctioned sport in spring 2009. Luckily my daughter came into as a 7th grader. I played Little League baseball (Alaska's first "girl" winning pitcher in the LL All Star Tournament 1977) Yah, I know, long long time ago......I also played American Legion Baseball until I was 18, only girl in the state, so baseball and fastpitch are my passion. I am so glad that my daughter has developed a love of fastpitch.

Stacie from Hawaii, I receive your emails and love all the information you provide! I look forward to them all the time. Thank you! I also look forward to talking and discussing fastpitch with all of you!

May 7, 2008
Marc, this is a great forum. I am learning some great things and passing them along to my daughter. We have recently been emphasizing that she is responsible for her sport, and we are here to guide and assist her however we can.

Three children can mean three diamonds in the same day...you know what they say, Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Angela

Attachments

• jenniefinch2.jpg
    jenniefinch2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1
May 7, 2008
Aloha Marc!

Thanks for creating this community. I'm looking forward to some good fastpitch discussions with other members.

I thought this would be a good place for new members to do a little introduction. I'll go first.

I'm Stacie and have been involved with softball since I was 9 years old. I'm not actively playing at the moment, but I do coach and have kids playing as well. But the thing that most people I meet online find most interesting is the fact that I live in Hawaii.

I'm looking forward to meeting the other members!

Stacie
www.allaboutfastpitch.com

Stacie...I lived in Kailua for a year. My husband was stationed at Kanehoe Bay and actually served in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm for our first year of marriage. I have wonderful memories of living and working there despite the difficult times.

Angela!

May 5, 2008
Angela: I'm glad you have good memories of Hawaii. Many military families find Hawaii quite boring as there is "nothing to do." Kailua is a beautiful place, though I don't like going there to play softball. Their teams are soooo tough to beat at home. ;)

Katy: glad you love the e-mails, will be sending another out soon and will invite others to come here and join us too!

Hi Hal: great to "see" you here. The words "I'm an old pitcher..." made me smile. You still have a LOT to offer us all!

To everyone else, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Stacie
www.AllAboutFastpitch.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478