Introductions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2008
Any advice on her travels this summer I would lover to hear it she is an amazing second baseman.

Wishing your daughter the best on a busy summer! One thing I would do is contact schools that she's interested in (and that will be there) AHEAD of time. Don't just go hoping they'll notice her. Make contact - they may not be able to contact you if it's not a contact period, but you can certainly contact them. Put a bug in their ear, so to speak.

Hope the summer goes well!

Nice to meet everybody....Hello Stacie...love your stuff!

Coach Vertuccio
Hi Coach, Thanks!

May 13, 2008
Saying Hello

Just dropping a thread to say hello and introduce myself. I started in the game of fast pitch in 5th grade when the game was played in the elementary schools here in Canada. Unfortunatly it is not anymore. I've played the game at the ISC level and coached men until 1990 when my daughter started to play. That year I went from coaching men at the highest calibre mens level to coaching my daughter in 8U. It was at that time that I really began to learn how to coach the skills. I have remained involved as the chairman of the Softball Ontario Coaching Committee, A Clinic Instructor/facilitator, and coach of an:) under 16 provincial championship team in 2007 with the hope of repeating again this year. I look forward to sharing ideas and experiences with y'all ( picked that up from trips south of the border). Best wishes in 2008.

pdj

May 7, 2008
Intro

Name is David and I live in Central Texas (Waco area). Retired from work in 2001 and retired from active team management after the 2007 season. Still work with three teams and some individual players.

For several years I have been a student of the game, especially pitching. It was my good fortune, over the years, to meet some wonderful elite level softball players that were willing to share their knowledge. As long as God allows I will continue to pass along what I have learned.

Post from Masterdragon was interesting as my daughter played at Deepwater starting almost 30 years ago. Lots of good memories from the Pasadena/Deer Park area.

May 13, 2008
So Cal
Hello from Sunny So Cal!

I'm Tim Croushore and I coach for the 16u California Dreamin' travel team. During the HS season I work with our school's pitchers and catchers as well as head our booster group. I've been actively coaching for the last 12 years and played extensively in my youth. I'm really excited about this board, there's so much mis-information out there about everything from technique to equipment to getting recruited, and from what I've read so far, this group has it's eye on the ball.

Marc - Thanks for the space.
Stacie - Keep up the good work, I read your email everytime and answer every question.

Thanks all!

TC

May 5, 2008
Aloha Coach Tim,
I do definitely remember getting responses from the California Dreamin' coach!

Thanks for your input.

May 13, 2008
My name is Lonnie Nichols. I coach the South Dakota Fusion/Black 14u travel team and I have a daughter on the team that pitches and a younger daughter who pitches for the South Dakota Fusion 12u team. We are lucky to be part of such a great organization.
This website is great. Really apprecitate learning from all of you. I'm hoping to have a few things to offer as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 20, 2008
Hello

Hi everyone,

Well I don't have the long softball background/history that most of you have. I am a rec coach for a small town. I call it rec but with my age group 13-15, it definitely isn't rec. We play in a league that does limited travel to other towns (within about 30mins) and allows travel club players and high school players to participate. I was the assistant coach for 2 years (my step daughter is on the team) and this year is my first year as head coach. I also have been coaching soccer and have just really fallen for coaching. So the last two years I've really been trying to learn everything I could about fastpitch in particularly pitching as our softball pitchers were seriously seriously neglected. So I'm just trying to learn everything I can and adapt it to our level of play. I may lurk more than post since I'm not really in a position to disagree with most of you on most things (at least the mechanics) but you never know.

Allen

May 20, 2008
Hello

Hi everyone,

Well I don't have the long softball background/history that most of you have. I am a rec coach for a small town. I call it rec but with my age group 13-15, it definitely isn't rec. We play in a league that does limited travel to other towns (within about 30mins) and allows travel club players and high school players to participate. I was the assistant coach for 2 years (my step daughter is on the team) and this year is my first year as head coach. I also have been coaching soccer and have just really fallen for coaching. So the last two years I've really been trying to learn everything I could about fastpitch in particularly pitching as our softball pitchers were seriously seriously neglected. So I'm just trying to learn everything I can and adapt it to our level of play. I may lurk more than post since I'm not really in a position to disagree with most of you on most things (at least the mechanics) but you never know.

Allen

May 20, 2008
Good Luck

Marc,

Good luck with your fastpitch site. I am sure you will find it rewarding but challenging in more ways then you might ever expect.
:)

Oct 22, 2009

Hello all, I'm a long time pitching coach from TX, learned by working with my own daughter and several pitching coaches. I love kids and instructing them and want to give back to them what was given to mine. You can't beat a free University degree;)
I just found this forum and hope to get and give to this site:)
PS my daughter also instructs in FL now.

I wish she were closer, I'd love a good tag team:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee