Introductions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2008
South Florida
Softball Mom - Lori

Hi all I am so excited about this site I am a mother of 2 great girls that both play in South florida. The oldest is going to college this fall and playing in some amazing showcases this summer like Colorado Sparkler and Tenessee - so she will be on the road alot with hopes of getting picked up by a great school. Any advice on her travels this summer I would lover to hear it she is an amazing second baseman.

Attachments

• o.jpg
    o.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 17
May 8, 2008
Greetings to everyone from NE Oklahoma!

Hi, my name is Laura. I am the mother of a 9yr old softballer! Our family resides in the Northeastern part of Oklahoma. My daughter is a pitcher and really an all-around utility player :D. I am excited to have this forum as another avenue to find answers to the questions that softball parents have. I will be visiting a lot!

May 7, 2008
DFW
Introduction

Hello all,

My name is Dana Elliott Maggs. I use Elliott on the web as my name often gets confused with a female. Happens all the time but not an issue. I have been involved with softball since the age of 14 growing up in Ohio. Now reside in the Dallas - Fort Worth area.

I have been a player, coach, and now instructor for both baseball and softball. More recently softball as my daughter was a pitcher here in Texas.
I frequent many forums and serve as a moderator for another one on fastpitch pitching.

I am in my 5th year of instruction and my 20th year of supporting youth sports. Not just baseball and softball. But they are my focus now and have been for the last 12 years. I played both slowpitch and fastpitch from the time I was 14 till I was 45. I am now 51. Like Hal I am an old timer and I never intend to quit sharing or learning about the sport I truly have a love of and a passion for teaching to our youth. Softball.

Look forward to participating in this forum.

Elliott.

Hi Everyone

Hi My Name is Roberto....(coach Bobby) AKA Masterdragon (my girls named me that because we are called Deepwater Dragons)

This is my first year coaching and i loved it i plan on coaching for many years so I will be around picking everyones brain cause i ready need the help :). Right know if anyone can tell me how to get the attention of the girls, also my daughter want to catch so any tips will be helpful (I coach 12U)

May 9, 2008
Hi Everybody,

My name is Tim but I go by the moniker that my son gave me, "Pops". I'm 50 and live in Colorado. My daughter is 12 and is a pitcher for the three teams she plays on. School, Fall league, and 14u travel team of which I help coach all three. I got into coaching after being volunteered by my wife when my daughter was 9. I haven't regretted a moment of it all. I am amazed how into women's softball I've gotten.

May 10, 2008
Northern Ontario
Hi all, I'm Kat and I'm from Northern Ontario (recently moved) although I still consider Soutwestern Ontario to be my hometown.

I've been playing softball since I was 7. Last year was the only year that I didn't play fastball as I moved to Northern Ontario in the middle of fastball season. However, I was able to join the slo-pitch team and we proceeded to win the Championships :) Fortunately, I was able to join the fastball league this year and our first game will be after Victoria Day weekend (May 17-19 for our American friends) so I'm looking forward to it. I am still on the same slo-pitch team so lots of baseball this summer! :D

I developed a nickname early on (about 3 years of playing ball) being called SpeedyKat as I was famous for catching the "long-shot balls" that seemed like no one can get it except me. Later on in my "softball career", my nickname extended to include stealing bases all the time while nearly giving my coaches a heart attack in the process, lol.

I had a chance to look at the forums and I incorporated some of the tips already into my workouts. This board will be awesome!

Cheers

SpeedyKat

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
Hi

I am a coach in NY on Long Island... I am the head coach at Great Neck Sout HS for the Girls Softball Team...Nice to meet everybody....Hello Stacie...love your stuff!

Coach Vertuccio

Hi everyone, my names Kevin and I have 2 daughters, one a senior,a pitcher and the other is a freshman and plays 1st base. I have coached girls fastpitch for 10yrs. The last 5 yrs have been at the high school level and one year at the D3 college level as a hitting consultant. I also own and operate the KLS Hitting Academy, teaching rotational hitting. I am also a Mike Epstein hitting instructor. This looks like it will be a great site. Keep up the good work.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Hi: 3'sDad here from New Jersey....#3 is a 1st year pitcher playing 12U softball....I was volunteered to coach last year mid-season because another parent could not make the time available in their schedule to coach the team......I found that it really is enjoyable teaching the girls to play the game....#3 takes private pitching lessons, so we have no father/daughter issues there....I've learned quite a bit about the game so far and how it differs from the game of baseball I played in my younger days.....#3 and I pitch 2-3 times per week as she only gets 6 innings/week maximum in the circle for her team as we have another, stronger pitcher.....she's come along nicely and is currently working on her change-up....I enjoy reading the posts of other parents and coaches, so I can hopefully learn what and what not to teach the girls as they learn the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28