Internal rotation early? Spin trouble

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
Love it Bill! Not far from you in Dallas. Can't compete with the steaks in Omaha but can definitely provide the brew.

We could be huge. Maybe call us Fastpitch Foundatiions or something like that. Wait, I think that was already cooking but never got off the ground.........Actually, a bad comment as my love for Rick, Rich, and even Mike is neverending. But, so much to offer and you are just the man! Of course, we would have to include Rick as the two of you together could write the book. Funny thing is...........it could and should happen.......Softball pitching is only going FORWARD!!!!

Cheers!

Jun 16, 2019
Keep it simple. Make her WHIP her elbow to the point where the hand nearly finishes to the OPPOSITE shoulder just to get that feel. After that, the spin will be straighter.

Bill
update:
we have been doing alot of underhand throwing focusing on whipping her elbow. keeping her arm loose. Also doing some relaxed walkthrough long toss, working out and and then back in.
what is amazing is that the ball is zipping out of her hand with the correct spin! This completely fixed her spin rotation without even focusing on that. (All our balls are taped from when we thought we should be working on that.)
We haven't done much full pitching from the mound. But two days ago we had a pitching lesson and DD was hitting 46 without much effort continually. She was really surprised since it felt really effortless. So, I think we are on the right track.

DD's lean to the right (overstep to the right of the powerline) wasn't that difficult to tweak. cones seemed to be enough feedback for her, so that was good. She practices inside alot, so making sure she wasn't turning her drive foot early might have helped with her not driving to the right(thank you slowcelica)! Thank you to driello and sluggers for the drive suggestions and Hillhouse and coachJames for the arm whip help! Your replies were much appreciated!

Aug 21, 2008
update:
we have been doing alot of underhand throwing focusing on whipping her elbow. keeping her arm loose. Also doing some relaxed walkthrough long toss, working out and and then back in.
what is amazing is that the ball is zipping out of her hand with the correct spin! This completely fixed her spin rotation without even focusing on that. (All our balls are taped from when we thought we should be working on that.)
We haven't done much full pitching from the mound. But two days ago we had a pitching lesson and DD was hitting 46 without much effort continually. She was really surprised since it felt really effortless. So, I think we are on the right track.

I'm glad it helped. Keep it simple. Remind her too that, pitching is just like hitting. Whenever we TRY to hit a homerun, we never do. But being relaxed in the batters box is when it happens. Pitching is the same. The harder you TRY the worse result.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101