Interference?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

In LL parents are conscripted to officiate games so everyone is an umpire. There is no required training, usually a 1 hour "umpire clinic" and then you are told where to pick up the gear when it is your turn behind the plate. As expected there are some very unique interpretations of the rules. Making matters worse LL will not publish their rule book online or sell tit on the open market. You can only get one through your local association.

Little League® E-Rules are available to subscribers only, and is an exclusive offer solely for District Administrators.

I coach our MS team, and am helping out LL by Umpiring games once our season was completed. Unfortunately, there were only enough rules bought for the coaches. I have been umpiring for three weeks now without the official LL rules, so I have relied on my NFHS and ASA experience. It has been challenging at times.

Sep 26, 2011
As a LL SB president I hope I'm more than a social director. I've prided myself on learning and understanding the rules. Both League rules and game rules.

Do I umpire no? But that doesn't mean I'm not verse in the rules and have opinions.

Not getting ALL managers / umpires rules for your league is insane. Leagues get one book for every team they have. If you register your teams early. You get 2. Additional books for leagues only cost $2 per book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Gotta love this judgement call. Had it happened to DD's team once on defense during the season and again during playoffs while on offense. Both plays were called against us. First on ump said no INT, second time ump said our runner interfered with her view, even though the SS made no movement towards the ball but bobbled it and failed to get the out at 1. From my point of view, all circumstances were the same.

I don't care which way they call it, but consistency would be nice

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse