Interference question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2018
I believe the rule states it must be an obvious attempt to prevent a double play or something to that effect.
The USA rule does not say "obvious". it just says "is an attempt". But I agree with your thought process. i would not be assuming it was an attempt to break up a double play unless it was "obvious" to me that was the intent.

Feb 3, 2011
Interference is an immediate dead ball, you're right, but we're talking about a difference of 1.5 seconds or so. Strangely nuanced, perhaps, but field ump might be looking to see whether the kids complete the play.

It sounds like everyone did what they were supposed to on the play.

Aug 25, 2019
DD was up last week, runners 2nd and 3rd. She hit ball to SS, and interference was ruled in runner from 2nd, but the umpires allowed runner on third to score. I believe that runner should of returned to 3rd, but good for DD getting the RBI:)

Oct 11, 2018
DD was up last week, runners 2nd and 3rd. She hit ball to SS, and interference was ruled in runner from 2nd, but the umpires allowed runner on third to score. I believe that runner should of returned to 3rd, but good for DD getting the RBI:)
If runner on 3rd touched plate BEFORE the interference, run would count. Highly unlikely that happened, but that's the only time the run should have been allowed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802