Interesting video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don't see how what you are performing is what you suggest is happening here.

Post in thread 'Interesting video' https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/interesting-video.43578/post-666902

Clem, the contraction is a core pulse. The golfer is demoing in slow motion if that is what you're referring to.

LAlZq6i.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Clem, the contraction is a core pulse. The golfer is demoing in slow motion if that is what you're referring to.

LAlZq6i.gif
What I'm saying is that it seems that in a swing launch, one side of the core stretches while the other side is contracted. This would require the use of the back muscles as well. I'm not good with anatomy, etc. so this may be off base.

Crude example.
Capture.JPG

What the golfer seems to do is more like a total core contraction that is more akin to a crunch. Front of the body (think s-plane). This movement may be more beneficial for golfing a ball off the ground. Then again this clip that you posted of the same golfer doesn't seem to line up with what he demonstrated slow motion.

In your stop swings did the barrel whip because of core contraction or simply due to rapid deceleration?

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What I'm saying is that it seems that in a swing launch, one side of the core stretches while the other side is contracted. This would require the use of the back muscles as well. I'm not good with anatomy, etc. so this may be off base.

Crude example.
View attachment 25797

What the golfer seems to do is more like a total core contraction that is more akin to a crunch. Front of the body (think s-plane). This movement may be more beneficial for golfing a ball off the ground. Then again this clip that you posted of the same golfer doesn't seem to line up with what he demonstrated slow motion.

In your stop swings did the barrel whip because of core contraction or simply due to rapid deceleration?

I would say both. Yes the back is used as well..

It all goes back to the fundamental difference in patterns.

XRu9Pmv.gif

AKRt3yn.gif

1vLLWMg.gif

Dn3mgsS.gif

J1c5pt0.png

LAlZq6i.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member