Interesting hitting instruction on the web

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I thought it would be fun to start a thread on unique, unusual or funny drills and advice on the internet. There are a lot of bits of instruction out there! It's interesting how different people go about trying to get to the same end...hitting and pitching well. I’ll start with this one. Can’t say I’ve ever seen this drill demonstrated. Especially starting at 1:40 where a cornered hitter can hit pitches coming from both directions. Definitely get your money’s worth. Very unique. Good drill or bad drill?

May 12, 2008
Whoever is getting paid on this is stealing this kid's parent's money and worse, screwing this kid.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
You might get some hand/eye coordination and conditioning out of it. But it does seem to be encouraging an all-arms swing. Not sure the trade-off is worth it.

May 12, 2008
OK I"ve eaten and I'm less cranky now. Up half the night though helping a sick father so no guarantees. Ken, you are too nice on this one. There is doubtless an instructor taking money for teaching this kid to avoid rotating and weakly wave the bat in front of him with almost purely arms. No excuse for a paid instructor visiting this garbage on a trusting kid and parent. Lazy theft at best. Then the instructor doubles down on the teaching malpractice with the goofy hitting the ball both ways. If this is just a parent doing the best they know how, which I doubt given the setting, then some instructor told them this was a good idea.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28