Infield Glove for small hands - need help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2015
As noted in a previous thread, DD #1 -- 17, HS and travel pitcher and middle infielder -- commented during tryout season that she was losing balls off the fingers of her 12" HOH 315SB. I replaced the lacing in the fingers to make it functional, but it's clear that the lightweight leather has seen its better days. We've been actively trying on lots of gloves, but are struggling to find the answer. She has a small hand, so the baseball 11.75 and 12" infield gloves don't fit right. I ordered her a 11.75 A2000 Fastpitch and an 11.75 baseball A2k to try, but she said neither felt 'right' on her hand. The FP seemed too small and the BB too wide. We already know the Fastpitch Rawlings models don't have the same leather quality as the baseball models.

Anna's Dad and others linked to some awesome baseball gloves on my previous thread, but they're just not going to work. Anyone have suggestions for a durable leather glove pattern appropriate for a small hand?

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Have you had her try on one of Wilson’s specific Pedroia fit gloves? I feel like I have to dislocate my thumb to get my hand in it. Otherwise, the smallest pattern in an adult glove I’ve personally had on my hand is Rawlings’ pro206/pro1000 but you just have to search until you find one with a tight hand stall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
As noted in a previous thread, DD #1 -- 17, HS and travel pitcher and middle infielder -- commented during tryout season that she was losing balls off the fingers of her 12" HOH 315SB. I replaced the lacing in the fingers to make it functional, but it's clear that the lightweight leather has seen its better days. We've been actively trying on lots of gloves, but are struggling to find the answer. She has a small hand, so the baseball 11.75 and 12" infield gloves don't fit right. I ordered her a 11.75 A2000 Fastpitch and an 11.75 baseball A2k to try, but she said neither felt 'right' on her hand. The FP seemed too small and the BB too wide. We already know the Fastpitch Rawlings models don't have the same leather quality as the baseball models.

Anna's Dad and others linked to some awesome baseball gloves on my previous thread, but they're just not going to work. Anyone have suggestions for a durable leather glove pattern appropriate for a small hand?
When you say losing balls off the fingers are you referring to floppy fingers or glove being too short?Have you looked at Akadema? I know some people don’t like Velcro but I don’t have a problem with it. Marucci may be a good choice also. Mizuno has a ton of solid gloves choices. Not sure what your looking to spend but Nokona Sknz looks like a quality glove also.
So many good gloves out there tough to narrow it down to just one.
Try on as many as you can get your hands on and see what feels the best.

Jun 8, 2016
To piggyback onto @OsDad, my 9 YO DD (5', maybe 75 lbs after a banana split) is currently breaking in a 12" Pro 206 and seems to be happy with the fit so far. Her game glove right now, which has held up well over 2+ years of softball is Louisville Slugger Xeno Pro Series: FGXNPBN5-1175. She plays mainly SS.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Since she’s 17, I have no problem recommending a 12” Don Morton Horween Pro1000. It’ll take some work getting it ready, but so what!

This latest one (that was taken to college today 😭) has a super snug hand stall, especially after re-lacing the wrist to the smallest setting.

The Pro1000 and the Pro206 that OsDad & pattar mentioned are identical in size, pattern, and are even cut from the same dies.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
Daughter is 17 and has pretty small hands. Had 2 Vinci 12.5” gloves that worked but never really had great control over. Went to a softball store where she could actually try on several gloves. Went with the Rawlings HoH PRO715SB-2GW 11 3/4. Absolutely loves it, fits her perfectly. Plays OF and while it’s not the traditional OF mitt but she has much better control and confidence in it. Description of it shows narrow finger stalls for smaller hands.

Attachments

• 2CDFFD66-661F-4B43-921C-9A8F538E0048.jpeg
    2CDFFD66-661F-4B43-921C-9A8F538E0048.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 29
Mar 29, 2015
When you say losing balls off the fingers are you referring to floppy fingers or glove being too short?Have you looked at Akadema? I know some people don’t like Velcro but I don’t have a problem with it. Marucci may be a good choice also. Mizuno has a ton of solid gloves choices. Not sure what your looking to spend but Nokona Sknz looks like a quality glove also.
So many good gloves out there tough to narrow it down to just one.
Try on as many as you can get your hands on and see what feels the best.

Gone floppy. Thanks for the suggestions!

May 19, 2017
My 12 year old infielder was using a Bradley. They make gloves for older girls too. She is using an Easton now. The Easton’s fit her small hand better than the Bradley and seem to be pretty good quality. She has an older Easton stealth pro 11.75 in Kip leather. Can still find them around.

Apr 28, 2019
My 12 year old infielder was using a Bradley. They make gloves for older girls too. She is using an Easton now. The Easton’s fit her small hand better than the Bradley and seem to be pretty good quality. She has an older Easton stealth pro 11.75 in Kip leather. Can still find them around.
My daughter has the 2017 Stealth Pro 12.75. She loves it. Good quality and lighweight. Not as much padding as Liberty Advanced.
Your right still available on some sites. I’ve seen them from $60- 180 recently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802