In search of youth catcher's mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
My 8 y/o daughter has taken to catching and is asking for a catcher's glove for Christmas. Not looking to break the bank on an 8 y/o, so figured I'd see if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs. Reply here or direct message me - thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
If you can't find a good used glove PM Drakemir on here and price out the Vinci Fortus. My DD loves hers and doesn't want to give it up (used for 2 years), but she is now catching much faster pitchers and I ordered her a custom Vinci JCV33 for Christmas.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My 8 y/o daughter has taken to catching and is asking for a catcher's glove for Christmas. Not looking to break the bank on an 8 y/o, so figured I'd see if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs. Reply here or direct message me - thanks!
What are you looking to spend? What's the price range? Not looking to break the bank varies from family to family.

Sep 20, 2017
For a few more dollars you can get her a Bradley and it will be easy for her to use and last awhile. Being able to actually catch a ball helps them to develop a love for the position. I bought a Vinci for my daughter and "I Love it!" but after about 8 months of me using it its almost to the point where its broke in enough for her. But still is a heavy glove. I bought 4 different gloves before we went Bradley and as long as she has a small hand we will never consider anything else..

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
For a few more dollars you can get her a Bradley and it will be easy for her to use and last awhile. Being able to actually catch a ball helps them to develop a love for the position. I bought a Vinci for my daughter and "I Love it!" but after about 8 months of me using it its almost to the point where its broke in enough for her. But still is a heavy glove. I bought 4 different gloves before we went Bradley and as long as she has a small hand we will never consider anything else..

Baseball glove? What size?

Sep 20, 2017
My daughter uses the 12 inch bandito. But they do have softball specific as well FP gold line I believe but my kid is just not into Velcro. They have catchers gloves both base ball and softball. If u email Jeff he is awesome. Ended up sending us 3 gloves to choose from and low and behold the one he picked was the one she fell in love with. Go figure. They also have the igniter series for the littles with a built in crease to help learn proper glove mechanics. I was just throwing it out there as an option because I heard eight year old and I went through them all cause I’m a gear junkie. Slot of great gloves out there for sure including the offerings from Vinci but not to many really suited to the littles...

Sep 28, 2017
Adjustments.jpg

This was my kid’s first actual catcher’s mitt. She was sad when it died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28