In honor of Fred Willard...watch the movie All Stars

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
My kids and I were literally watching "Best in Show" yesterday and dying laughing at his ridiculous commentary when my phone buzzed with a notification that he had died. Sad.

Aug 25, 2019

Here you go, nice trailer for movie.....One thing the guy said here that is so true, the youngest age groups have the most out of control parents......

Mar 6, 2016
Free to watch on Tubi TV... At 52:50 mark is the "Board meeting" scene discussing snack bar duties and choosing All Stars. Oh man, been in way too many of those damn meetings....they nailed it.

Jan 22, 2011
My wife got mad the first time she watched the movie during the board meeting scenes.... too close to reality :). My DD and I watch the movie together at least once a year.

May 29, 2015
Finally watched this with my wife last night ... she asked how they made a documentary about my time with the rec league.

It was SO spot on ... but it was the little things that hit close to home for me. The logo discussion (yes, I created a logo for the org which ruffled feathers — they had never had one — and my husband/wife board members were mad that they didn’t do it so she refused to put it on the social media page) and the debate over the socks (OMG, the fights over socks ... No, the kids don’t wear them so we are not buying them.)

The $300 bat was hysterical to us as well, as we had a coach-pitch coach (8u) who went out and bought a $300 composite baseball bat for his team to use in the end-of-season tournament. The stink started weeks before the game was, including my younger umpires (not the guys I have talked about before) conspiring on how to throw the coach out because he had been such a PITA all year.

The infield fly rule. As soon as the umpire called it, I said ”Here we go!” I was rolling! I wish they had spent a little more time on parents explaining the rules to each other; that could have been so much wackier than it already was.

Very Christopher Guest-ish and could have used a little more polishing, but I loved it.

RIP Fred.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28