IM NEW

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone I am in 11th grade and this is my first year EVER playing any sport yet the first one that caught my eye was softball. I plan on being a 2nd basemen but i feel like i need some advice on how to be the best I can be . also form for batting tips would help me alot!!

Apr 17, 2019
Welcome, Giana! Good for you to jump into it! It can be scary jumping into a sport as the new girl. Stick with it! You will find a lot of good information (and a lot of personalities) in the hitting technical section of the forum.
If you want some feedback on your swing, take a video and post it here. Be prepared for honest feedback ;)
Best advice - try your best, your legit best. Give 110%, and everyone will notice.

Oct 3, 2019
Hi everyone I am in 11th grade and this is my first year EVER playing any sport yet the first one that caught my eye was softball. I plan on being a 2nd basemen but i feel like i need some advice on how to be the best I can be . also form for batting tips would help me alot!!
If you don't have someone close, instructing you, like a parent or a coach that might not be able to give you a lot of one on one time, watch YouTube videos on basic softball skills for infield and outfield. Throw a ball against a net or wall to bounce back to you and learn to field. Do this every day. Hitting is very complex so, trying to emulate the basic movements is important. This needs a lot of repetition also. Swing a bat, even if you don't have live pitching. But, you have to keep trying to do it properly. Practicing the wrong movements will only ingrain the wrong way. Start out with the proper mechanics of hitting, fielding, and throwing and just practice as much as you can. Hopefully there is someone you can practice with outside of your team practice. You have to catch up. Also, learn to run the bases properly. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802